Friday, December 10, 2010

A Laundry Room Wreath?

I decided to use some of the Christmas ornaments that I bought after Christmas last year. I got them for 75% off!! I have a bunch of them...so I NEEDED to make something. I started with some styrofoam balls and wrapped them with some lovely lime green yarn.
Then I assembled the rest of my supplies.
I arranged them on a wire wreath form.
Then I just started filling it in. Trying not to be too perfect, not too symmetrical.
Filling and gluing and arranging and admiring.
I found some mini ornaments and filled in the gaps. Added some joy, and there ya have it! I Love the way it looks in my aqua laundry room. The different textures make it more interesting (in my opinion).
Gorgeous. And to think....I almost scrapped this project....It's true. I didn't love the colors at all with the wall color in the living area of my home. I am SO glad I hung it on the laundry room door for pictures. I LOVE it!
I am linked up with BNOTP. There are so many great ideas out there!!

10 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

That is SOOOOO cute! I love it. I need to live close to you so you can teach my brain a thing or two about creativity! It's perfect :)

the mom~ said...

It's beautiful. I would have NO CLUE how to fill in the gaps...or where to even start for that matter.
Do you use hot gule? And the wire hangy thingy, what's that?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is so pretty! It looks wonderful. I decorated my laundry room today too, but it doesnt look nearly as good as that wreath.

Jodi Goodwin said...

You are so creative! I love it!

Rochelleht said...

You rock! I love love it. I just got your cute card. Thanks so much. I wanted to send you one, but didn't have your new address, so now I do and I don't actually have to do the work to get it. HA! ;-)

cindyc said...

I LOVE it! You are awesome!

Nae said...

The colors are Fabulous and I am glad you found a way to add yet a little more JOY in your life!

Topper said...

Are you kidding me? You really meant yarn balls! You said you did, and I believed you, but I never imagined... Do you have supplies to make another? Can I buy them and have you teach me? I'll feed you lunch! -Panera...

Lori said...

Salena...Yes, hot glue. The wire wreath form is just from Hob Lob, but I bet the Ben Franklin would have one.

Liz, I never joke about yarn balls. And of course I have supplies to make more. I'll have to teach you the rule of three some time :)

Kim said...

So on the Today show I saw a wreath similar to this....but yours was by far much, much nicer!