So today we are on high alert. We are in a tornado warning and major storm watch. We are in the high risk area for life threatening weather. Am I worried. Not really. See, I live with Mr. Prepared. He would have made an excellent Eagle Scout. Back a bit when we (fool-heartedly) decided to drive through a blizzard to get to Fergus Falls...we were prepared....and it saved our lives. Literally. So when we heard about the weather headed our way, we just got ready. We dug out our 72 Hour Kits (backpacks with everything we would need if we were forced from our home i.e. soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, hand towel, water, granola bars, flashlights, batteries, duct tape, rope, bandannas, a change of clothes) and made one for our dogs (leashes, food water).
We got our I.D. and some cash ready. Then we pulled Jim's truck in the garage as far as it would go (stupid dinky Nebraska garages). We are now sitting back, watching the sky. No worries here.

Except for Nellie. She isn't sure how to get ALL of her Frisbee's in the house. To help her relax we took her over to the lot by our house for a quick game of catch.

Here's the wind up....

And the take off.....

A little extra lunge.....

And we have lift off!!

It's hard to see here, but she really is in the air....

And a catch....

Now for the landing....

Putting on the breaks....

And a little lower.....

Made it!! Now that we are ready and Nellie has relaxed a bit....we can all sit and watch NASCAR. (yippee...) Lucky me. Oh well....not everything is about me. Although it should be :)
9 comments:
glad you're all ready! we're getting there...great shots of nellie too!
Darla looks calm and ready to go :)
hahahahha!! That was an awesome catch Nellie!!! I love that crazy dog!!!
hahahhahah!! I love that crazy dog Nellie!! Good catch Nellie!!!! And I am super glad that you are married to OCD man!!! We love you Jim!!!
Great way to live....do all you can to prepare for the worst, but then go out and enjoy yourself instead of worrying! Love ya!
Great still shots of the catch and landing.
Prayers are going out to all in the tornado zone. Stay safe, it looks like you are definitely prepared. Well, as prepared as you can be for a tornado and bad storms.
Hunker down and stay safe!
I LOVE the backpack idea. I think it will be on my to-do list!!! Glad you guys were safe!
So very thankful you are all ok! I always know Jim will take care of you guys! I love him for that! Glad Nellie got some of her wiggles out! HAHA!
I love your prepared husband. He is a good guy!
Post a Comment