Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Change

This was the mantle this morning, all festive and Fallish. I love my pumpkin collection and the few Halloweeny things I have scattered about. 
I love, love, love this fabric garland I made from a kit a couple years ago. It is so dang cute!! But you know what happens around here when November rolls around....the change!!
We go from Fall decorations to Christmas in a big hurry. It's always been this way. We LOVE Christmas around here and we don't care who knows. Do I like Thanksgiving? Yes, of course. Do I celebrate it?? You know I do!! Every year I am extra thankful that my husband doesn't care that I set all this stuff up so dang early. I am also thankful to live in a country where I can let my freak flag fly!!
This year, whether you are an all-up-early gal like me, or a leave it for later guy....give your neighbor some slack. Don't criticize or judge them for not being your own kind of crazy. Celebrate your differences and try to find some common ground. It's probably easier than you think. So Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, my friends!! Party on!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's so funny to me that people get irked by us putting the tree up so early. To me the tree is the beginning of celebrating all we have to be Thankful for. I can't imagine a Thanksgiving without a tree to look at and be full of joy! I love your freak flag, it's very similar to mine!

Connie said...

You are serious about your Christmas decorating for sure! Love your subway Christmas sign.

Connie said...

You are serious about your Christmas decorating for sure! Love your subway Christmas sign.