Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Roses are Red

I've never had a green thumb. Something about the plants needing water....I don't know. But I never seem to have a problem with roses.
I usually do great in spring. I always remember to water everything. But by July I am over it. It is a hassle and I don't get everything watered like I should.
The roses don't seem to mind. They forgive me for my inattentiveness and my perpetual over-sight of details....you know....like water.....
They reward me with stunning blooms and beautiful green leaves. Maybe this year I will try a little harder to keep everyone watered and happy......maybe.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Well you do much better than me. Those are gorgeous. I have killed three rose bushes in the last few years. I currently have a climbing rose bush that I planted a few weeks ago and it is just sitting there doing nothing. People keep telling me that roses are quite easy to grow. Evidently I didn't get the memo....LOL!

CB said...

Your roses are GORGEOUS!!!

Nae said...

Beautiful roses for my beautiful friend. How appropriate!

Heather said...

oh how I wish my roses were as forgiving as yours! ;) I can't seem to keep things alive for very long...even when I do water! LOL!

Kim said...

WOW they look amazing! I just planted some flowers last night, lets see how long it takes for me to kill them! Haha, that's if I haven't killed them already! Love you!

Rochelleht said...

Ah, I love roses! Mine are very very high maintenance. Your's look great.

Heather said...

I love your pretty flowers! Wish I were there to see them in person. Kamiryn just told me how much she loves roses when we were at the nursery looking at flowers last week. Minnesota roses will NEVER measure up to California roses so I won't even try. I think your roses are FABULOUS! Like you!