We know that we are sent to this earth to be tested and tried. Our goal is to learn from our trials and return to our Heavenly Father with the ability to say "I did all I could do....and here is what I learned." I have been struggling a bit lately with the learning part. I get a little down some times....a little "poor me". So I've tried to look back on some of the learns I have picked up along the way. Here's a quick break down of the highlights....
2007: Trial...We picked up all we owned and moved to Minnesota. We knew no one.
Learn....We made amazing friends and grew closer as a family.
2008: Trial...My sweet Mom, my best friend, passed away. Devastated.
Learn....There is healing in faith and good friends. Never underestimate the power of family.
2009 Trial: Kevin left to serve a 2 year mission for our church. Mama's boy....how I miss him.
Learn....The joy of service and seeing my baby boy mature into a fine man.
2010: Trial....Moved (again) this time to Nebraska...(where?)Missing friends in MN as well as family.
Learn...Military families are amazing. I have learned so much about being flexible and resilient.
2011: Trial....Too many to list at the moment....
Learn....Still working on that one.....
But at least Kevin will be home soon (about 6 weeks) and my family will be under one roof again....for now. The last four years have been such a roller coaster ride. I have tried to learn lessons along the way that will help me become a better wife, mother, sister and friend. I'm sure that I have missed the point a few times and will have to retry a few of the trials....rats....but I am trying to take comfort in the fact that I am still standing. (Well, not right now...now I am sitting in a pool of my own sweat as I have just returned from Zumba) But the point is....some times we get so down on ourselves. We lose sight of the fact that since we are still here....still trying....that is a victory in it's self. So today I will work on putting a muzzle on that nasty Inner Critic. You know that voice in your head that tells you how you have previously or are now failing. I will focus more on the things I have learned....and moving through the trials one at a time, as they come, instead of always wondering what could possibly come next. Today I will celebrate small victories and stop focusing on things (that obviously, no matter how hard I try) I can't change. So who's with me? Are you up for it? Can you focus on the positive....This is one of my favorite quotes, "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." That Christopher Robin.....one smart guy. So, learn from your trials (and mistakes) and be gentle to yourself. That's all.....
Except for this quote for Nae....
"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
Winnie the Pooh
It made me smile and think of you. ;)
We've Moved!
1 year ago

6 comments:
You are so right to look for the learning that takes place during trials. It is not alway fun when the tril is happening but looking back it is easy to see that the growth was worth it.
I needed a positive pep talk this morning, thanks.
I'll bet you are counting down the hours now for the return of your missionary. It is such a sweet reunion, bring lots of tissues.
Amen SiSteR...I'm with ya! Life is all about the learns. Love it or hate it...it's true. That Pooh quote is one of my favorites too! And love the quote for Nae too. It fits. You are doing an amazing job you know. I love you SOOO MUCH!!!!
sorry you're going through a rough patch--hang in there and let me know if you'd like to do some retail therapy sometime :-).
Thank you for this post! It helps all of us...especially dealing with that IC. And we always make it through the bumps in the road but at the time it seems like we won't.
You warm my heart, Lori! Thanks for being my sister-chic and for all the support and encouragement you give to me even as you experience your own trials in life. I am the queen of denial and compartmentalizing & although it has helped me cope with trials, it is much, much better to share & get advise from my wise friends & family. "Keep calm & carry on." See you soon!!
P.S. I like that you & HH enjoy my wobbly spelling.
I'm sorry things are cruddy right now. I'm glad you've got the right attitude and that Kevin is coming home soon. So exciting!
Post a Comment