It's true...my boy....my first born....He's having a Birthday! This baby came into my life and saved it. He came as the sweetest most wonderful little chunk of Heaven that ever was.

He loves so unconditionally and so freely. He is truly an angel in disguise.

Even when his Daddy tricked him into thinking that he got a potato for his birthday....you know, because Dad and Mom were too broke to buy him anything....he was OK with it. Seriously, not one tear or wail of, "It's not fair!" Nothing. Just. "OK....can I use this for it's hat?"

He is always the first in line for a road trip....especially if it involves visiting family. He loves his family and is always looking for ways to spend time with everyone.

I really couldn't be more proud of the man he has become. He is 21 years old tomorrow. He will be home in 24 more days. After two years of faithful service he has transformed into the man I always knew he would be. I love you Kevin.....we all do. Happy Birthday, my baby boy. I can't wait to see what more the future holds for you.
6 comments:
Happy, happy birthday Kevin!!!
I hope my boys made me as proud as you have for your sweet mama!
I can feel the anticipation from this post...24 more days, Yeah!
Happy birthday to your sweet missionary.
Happy Birthday to Kevin! I am so excited for your reunion with him..gives me goose bumps.
Happy belated 21st birthday to Kevin! I love the flashback photos. He has such an amazing spirit and a smile that melts the heart. Of course, he gets that from his fabulous parents, right? 21 days until Kev comes HOME!!
Hey! That's Kevin at my stake center!!! ;-) I'm bummed I won't see him again before he leaves. As I'm in Utah and all... But I'm SOOO excited for you! Can't wait to hear about his future plans.
By my calculations, your son should be home now - or within days of being home. Please tell him the Thornton's wish him a very happy belated birthday. Of all the missionaries who have served in Cove (and there have been many) you have been one of our favorites. We miss you and think of you often. Katherine still has one of the notes you left her taped to her bathroom door.
Post a Comment