So I've not done much crafting lately. Some...but nothing blog-worthy. A while back I found this cute little site (they happen to be close to my home town).
Thoughts in Vinyl is a Mom run company that supplies craft kits and so much more. I loved the variety of projects and that they were very inexpensive. (By the way....I am not being paid to say these things. I just really liked their stuff!) I bought a few different kits....and then life happened and they sat for a while. As I was purging my craft room last week I found a pile of
un-started unfinished crafts and thought it would be a good distraction. I didn't take any before or during pics....But it's pretty self explanatory. I painted the wood and let it dry. I Mod Podged some paper to the wood and let it dry. Then I sanded down the edges and put another layer of Mod Podge.....and let it dry. Then I applied the vinyl letters. Easy peasy.

It is double sided so I can change it up a bit. I will tell you that the paper came from my stash and was not included in the kit. You could just stick with paint and fore go the paper altogether.

So here is some sunshine coming at you from the great state of Nebraska. It's going to be a scorcher today (and all weekend). Maybe I'll finish the other projects I ordered and avoid the heat. I'll let you know :)
3 comments:
That turned out so cute! Thanks for the link to peek at it. All your other things crafts/wall hangings are so fun too. Thanks again for the shout out!
I love dual purpose crafts! Perfect for the summer. I'll have to check out the link so I can get my craft on again too.
What cute things you have made Lori. Love the "R".
I have been to Thoughts in Vinyl many times for inspiration, she is great.
Post a Comment