Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Few Nights Ago

A few nights ago my family (except for Kevin. He was at work...YAY!! Yay that he has a job...not that he wasn't with us....anyhoo) decided that for Family Home Beating Evening we would decorate gingerbread cookies. I had about 5 or 6 that weren't going to be used for a church activity so why not, right? Straight off Jo decided she was not photo ready and would NOT let me get a shot of her face....so here is the best I could get.
I think this is a thinly veiled threat.....
My sweetie decorating his cookie. I thought he would poopoo the idea, but I think he actually had fun.
"Oh, honey, you made the cookie pretty. Now smile. No, smile for real. Please. Come on. Just smile with your teeth."
Yep. Man of my dreams....right there. I do love him.
Our little cookie family.
I made a banner.....thingie...for the mantle. I LOVE how it turned out.
I know...the picture needs to be lower. I'm working on it :)
And my sweet Darla. She likes to lay there and take in all our craziness. Out of harms way.
Have you been enjoying every second of this wonderful season of love and joy?? I sure have.

4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I've been listening to Christmas music since before Halloween, but you will die when you hear this: I'm not actually decorating this year!! We are going home for Christmas! First time in 14 years and 6 days after we get back, I'm hosting a wedding reception at my house! So, needless to say, I can't handle the thought of Christmas decor this year. But, I will live vicariously through you and your wonderful holiday house. Mmmm... Those cookies were tasty!

Kathleen said...

i LOVE those pictures! maybe i need to swing by your place for a dose of holiday cheer--our home will be getting merry next weekend :-).

Kim said...

Awe I love that Jim decorated cookies! I miss his mug! I didn't really get to visit with him on our last visit! Love the pic of Jo's bum! HAHA! She rocks! Love you and miss you all!

Nae said...

For some reason, my children like to be uncooperative for pictures at times too. What up with that? I need to get me some sparkle gel - the girls would wig a noodle for the bling-tastic stuff. Of course, you are going to tell me that you got it at Michaels or some other place that doesn't exist in my little town, aren't you??