Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby It's Cold Inside

Wake up in the morning feelin' like P-Diddy.....Yeah, if P-Diddy is the name of your SNOWMAN!! Yesterday morning Jo and I decided it was colder than usual in our house. We usually subscribe to the theory of "If you're cold put on a hoodie and some socks cause I'm not turning up the thermostat so you can run around in your underwear". It's always been how this house has run. Well, with my slippers and sweatshirt AND long pajama bottoms I was still chilly. So I looked at the thermostat and it said 55*....yeah....that's chilly for the inside of my house.
I turned on this glorified space heater (this has got to be the wimpiest fireplace in all the world). It has helped us maintain though...so maybe I shouldn't complain to loudly. *whispering* We've had it on since yesterday morning and we are up a whopping 3*.....WIMP!!
So here I am with the real space heaters. Whenever I sit on the couch with a blanket it is a dog fight to see who gets to sit the closest to Mom. Usually Darla wins....I'm OK with that. She doesn't feel the need to give me a tongue bath...unlike the other dog...ick....
So here I sit. But never fear. The Furnace Man (hahahaha So I totally wrote that to the Trojan man tune....crack myself up!!) will be here some time between 10 and 2. At least we will be warm for the weekend!!

4 comments:

Nae said...

I have all kinds of tunes going on in my head after reading your post! Time to get your Zumba on and generate some heat, girl! Good luck with the "Furnace Man". hahahaha

Heather said...

Hey....our furnaces ARE in cahoots! Our furnace guy is coming soon too. I learned something about myself...being cold all day makes me a CRABBY momma! Wishin' we could be holed up in a SF hotel room together doin' crafts in our jammies. Then we'd be warm!!!

Topper said...

Hot Cocoa helps too! Love your little thermometer guy!

Connie said...

Brrrrrr! Now that is cold. So glad your fur babies are so helpful, they should help hold the heat in.