Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day Two: At Sea

Bright and early (not sure why it's called that...it was still dark) on the morning of day two our slumber was interrupted by the sound of the all call intercom. Julie (I think that was the name) Julie Whatshername come to the customer service desk. I checked with Jim....it was 5:30 in the morning. Something like 10 minutes later, again the call for this woman. Once more...this time in.every.single.room.....Julie Whatshername.....Come to the desk!! For.Real.

((On a side note...I just want you to know that this photo is straight out of the camera. No editing at all. The water really is that blue!!))
I was able to get back to sleep. But Jim was not. So he showered and went in search of a deck chair on which to sit and read. He said there were a lot of folks talking about the sleep interruption and hopes the woman was having a really good time....
Jim was done with his alone time about 8:00 and came back to the room with some yogurt and a banana for me. HHmmm.....On this ship with all these opportunities for food and he thought I'd be happy with that....funny. I found some food more to my liking and went to change into my swimming suit (but it should be called a sunning suit cause that is all I planned to do in it!!). We sat in the beautiful sunshine (a balmy 80*) for quite some time. Then it was time to meet The Walkers for lunch. The food was decent and plentiful. Mostly it was fun to try a little of the things we had never tried before.
Then we wandered around the ship for a bit. We caught some Karaoke and an ice carving demo. Then it was late afternoon and time for a nap. (This is the life!!)
It was fancy night at dinner, so we duded up a bit. There were gowns and tuxes, folks like us in just "goin' to church" clothes and some even less fancy than that. I thought the mix was perfect.
Lobster Tail and Prime Rib were on the menu....YUM!! Jim got the Alligator Fritters for his appetizer....I got a salad. Both of us were happy with our choices.
Our dinner plates were a little creepy. The ghostly images seemed to be watching us.
And then there was the Molten Chocolate Cake. After having this.....this is all I had for dessert. Oh.My.Yum. It was so good. Perfectly sized too....I didn't feel too glutenous eating the whole thing.
After dinner we went club hopping again (so funny to picture....Jim and I....club hopping). We caught some more Karaoke with the live band and got goofy on the deck. Isn't is amazing that she always looks like a super model.....even in gale-force winds??
It was getting late again (like midnight!!) and since we had an early excursion the next day we decided to turn in. Our sweet room steward (Melvin) made us a bunny.
We were very excited to see Grand Cayman and go to the turtle farm....And the gentle rocking of the ship lulled us into a sound sleep, dreaming of the fun to come!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

OK, now this makes me want to go book a cruise RIGHT NOW!

It looks like you had a wonderful time. So was it hard giving up those balmy 80 degree temps for winter back home?

Rochelleht said...

What fun! You looked beautiful on your cruise!!

Kathleen said...

you're this ship's best advertisement! seriously--i want to go on a cruise now! (especially if a cruise could make me look as hot as you and ilise!)

Whitney said...

Lori that is so fun!!! Jordan and I just went on a cruise with his family and we were all completely creeped out by the plates too... we talked about them the first night, but Jord didn't notice they were people until like day 3!! And love me some chocolate molten cake!! You guys are adorable, glad you got to go on a fabulous WARM vacation! Love you!!