Day five was our day at sea moving towards home....well Miami....but then home. This day at sea (compared to our first) was more relaxed. It wasn't charged with the anticipation of things to come, but more with gratitude of things we'd seen and done.

We relaxed more (if that's possible) this day that we did on any other. We even sat in on the towel folding class. Funny stuff. Jim can now successfully fold two towels into the shape of an elephant.

And almost successfully fold two towels into the shape of a rabbit.......

Anyway, they had fun and that is all that matters. We lounged in the sun and just took a more leisurely pace to the day. We ate lunch in the dining room for a change and then napped (not much change there).

Then we ate at the buffet so we could hit two shows. But then we decided we missed our waiter so much (and maybe the Molten Chocolate Cake) that we should stop in and
see if we could snag some cake see him.

Our waiter got a concerned look on his face and told us he would see what he could do about getting us some food (as it was closing time at the dining room). We told him not to worry about the food. We just wanted cake!! He was happy to oblige and we were happy to eat cake!!

This vacation has been amazing. It was fun to hang out with The Walkers and spend some time away with my sweetheart. We came home so relaxed and recharged.

Here is a quick recap (in photos) in case you forgot how much fun we really had. :)

In a few years maybe we can bring our kids (and spouses, if any) on a fun vacation like this and make some fun memories with them.

It will be hard to top this trip. But I am up to the challenge of trying.

Day six really is more of a side note. We were herded like cattle into the big theater to wait for our turn to exit the ship....which we did without too much hassle.

We made it to the airport and through security with plenty of time to spare. Of course the airline had neglected to assign us seats on the plane. A fact that we failed to notice until about five minutes before we were to board the plane. Luckily we did get seats. Sadly they were on opposite ends of the plane.

But we made it to Chicago in one piece where we enjoyed our four hour lay over. It was nice to not be rushed and we used the time to check in with our friends and family via text messaging.

We made it home safe and sound and found our dogs had missed us very much. Seems the teenager didn't give them all the attention they thought they needed. Jo did a great job holding down the fort and was a little glad to see us as well.

Someday we will do this all again....but I will make sure to have my camera on me at ALL times. I did miss a couple funny moments.....but I think I got most of the action. Thanks for hanging in there through this extra long post. I know who my true friends are ;)
4 comments:
Looks like a FABULOUS trip! So happy you were able to take it!
I am so glad that you had such a great time on your tip! Brian, however is not....I keep telling him we need to go on a cruise for our 10 yr anniversary! Totally looks like a BLAST!!!!
Next time I am tagging along weather you like it or not! HEHE! LOVE YOU!! I WILL SEE YOU IN A LITTLE MORE THEN HOURS!!!!!
Wow. What a fun trip. SO glad you were able to do that!!
Post a Comment