What do you get when you put three very happy-to-see-each other women in the middle of their favorite thrift store in Sioux Falls? More fun than a barrel of monkeys that's for sure!! I went thrifting with a couple of my best peeps over the weekend. We laughed until one of us had an asthma attack (on multiple occasions) and one of us peed (just a little) and we all snorted more times than I would care to count. Ok...that last one may have been just me...oh, who am I kidding...maybe the last two were me...whatever. We found the prettiest china set...well, part of a set anyway. I bought one of the sweet cups (no saucer...sigh....) and the serving platter. The we went to TJ Maxx and found this little ice cream dish(?? well, that is what I would eat from it) Add more laughing and whispering and planning and my cheeks were sore!! When I got home I put a little glue on the bottom of the ice cream bowl and waited around for a bit.
Of course I forgot my camera on my Sioux Falls trip. I guess you'll just have to take my word when I say it was THE BEST. And I will never look at a man in white basketball shorts the same way again. Ever.
I turned the newly crafted platter right side up and......
I think I am in love....I just wish I had some yummy cupcakes or Lemon Squares to place on it.
I suppose some Jazz apples (my very favorite variety) will just have to do. I have made a few things lately...but didn't really photograph them. No reason really...I'll do better next time. Promise.
Do you re-purpose things from the thrift store?? What's your favorite project you've made?
We've Moved!
1 year ago






5 comments:
That is SO fun! And SO cute! What a blast! I never would have thought of it. Very cool.
so creative! never would've thought of that one! best thrift store purchase? a pair of birkenstocks--brand new but someone had left them in a sunny window and one of the soles had warped. $12 to a shoe repairman and i had a BRAND new pair of sandles for $14 total.
You are a wizard at re-purposing and getting your craft on! I love that every time we get together it is an adventure to remember!! So glad I remembered my inhaler this time!! Donkey Kong... bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet time with friends, priceless. I love what you did with the thrifty finds.
Cute...I heard about the salami carrying dude... ;)
Post a Comment