Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Now That She's Gone

Now that Jo is in her own place I felt I could really clean her bathroom and it would stay that way for more than three days. This isn't a true before photo. I would DIE if you saw the real before. Let's just say that is photo represents two hours of sweat and maybe a little swearing.
I needed to replace a few things while I was at it. I'll give you a complete run-down when I get the paint touched up and everything. We seem to have bright red hair dye ON EVERYTHING! I put some contact paper n the shelves to hide the dye. I like the way it turned out.
This clock was upstairs but looks good here and is functional. See, the outlet goes dead when the light switch gets turned off. Great if your daughter forgets to turn off her flat iron....bad if she uses an alarm clock in the bathroom to tell time. 
Not a ton of accessories. No cute matchy, matchy towels, just a clock, a candle and some q-tips in a jam jar. 
I'll keep working on it and let you see the rest when it is done. I am so excited for it to BE and STAY clean!!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Love the contact paper on the shelves. It think applying it to the back of the shelves would make it just pop. You have done a great job and knowing that it will stay clean and tidy...what a bonus.

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! I can so relate...when Kayla left for college last week I spent hours on her bathroom. What a job!

Heather said...

WOW!!! I saw the real before and I am totally impressed!!!! WTG sister!

the mom~ said...

Very cute and clean!