We loaded all of Jo's things in the truck Clampett style...if only they'd had duct tape!! She didn't have much. Not many kids her age do. Just enough to fit in a small one bedroom apartment.
The backseat was filled with boxes and blankets and more memories than I could count.
I only took a couple photos of the inside. I will take more when I see her in October. They have a nice living area complete with T.V., chair and a futon (for those pesky visits from ME!).
Their room. Big enough for a bed and two small dressers, and hotter than blue blazes!! Had a hard time sleeping.
The other side of the room...the BIG dresser...to make up for the not so big closet. Oh well. They will learn to be very organized this way.
Tiny but functional bathroom. There is a nice sized linen closet to hide all their junk...if they'll use it.
The step saver kitchen has a cozy feel...like being upside down in a sleeping bag with your sister sitting on your feet. Cozy...
To take these pictures I didn't even have to move my feet. So convenient!!
Even with it's creaky floors and lack of cross breeze ventilation...this apartment is so cute. It could be because my baby Jo and her bestie Steph live there that I can't help but like it. She is going to love her independence and living so close to all of her friends. I will tell you about my (almost) pod of people moment. We were on our way home and we stopped at a gas station. I was washing my hands in the rest room and turned to grab a paper towel to dry them with. A person came out of the stall and I froze. I would have sworn in that second that this person was not the same gender as I. At that moment I didn't know who had gone in the wrong door...but I was sure it had to be me! I was so freaked out that I was in the men's room that I flung my paper towel somewhere near the trash and RAN out of there. Luckily I did not try to speak. Who knows what bad things would have happened then. I went to the pop cooler to find my love and I something to hydrate ourselves with and that same person was coming to the shelf next to me. Upon closer inspection it turns out she really was in the right place and SO WAS I!! She had the manliest haircut I've seen on a woman and the most painful looking facial piercings ever. Her tattooed arms and gruff demeanor finished her overall appearance. She was a woman...and a butch one at that. If she noticed my scramble for the door she probably assumed that her appearance somehow had me ruffled. While that is somewhat true...that fact of the matter is I really thought I had screwed up and gone into the men's room. So all is well that ends well I suppose. Fun things always happen when you least expect them....and usually in the bathroom!!!
We've Moved!
1 year ago









8 comments:
We call those kinds of people "Pat". "If you get up in the morning, look in the mirror and you can't figure out if you are a boy or a girl, you are a "Pat"." :cD
gotta' love those first apartments! remind me to tell you about our first apt one day--yikes. funny bathroom story too :-).
We always look like the clampetts no matter where we go! Plus you have to admire the efficiency of the packing even if the tailgate was just millimeters from closing. :-) The apartment looks like the perfect home away from home!
P.S. I probably would have had the same fear of being in the wrong bathroom in your situation! hahaha
Oh sister. You never fail to make me smile. Thank you! Can't wait to see Jo's apartment. What a great new adventure for her.....and you too! Love you!
Bad part is that twice I have gone in the men's room. It has been at super target because not all if them have the womens on the same side I have learned. So I enter and lock eyes with a man helping his son wash his hands. I glance around at urinals and quickly retreat. Now I automatically scan the perimeter for urinals. Of course I also double check the women's sign before entering.
I always make sure I am going in the right one after I was walking into one and a man came out. I looked at the sign again and sure enough he was in the women's. Good luck with Jo's new adventure..it's an exciting time for her.
BAHAHAHAHAHA! That's all I have to say about that~ Oh and glad you kept your thoughts to yourself! LOVE YOU!
How fun! I can't believe you are an official "empty nester". ??? So crazy.
I loved your bathroom tale. SO disconcerting.
Post a Comment