19 years ago this little girl came into our family. She was sweet and snuggly, but we were soon to discover that this girl had a mind of her own!!
She was adored by all her aunties and uncles (still is) and was Aunt Michelle's choice for a buddy and Aunt Kim's for an... EVERYTHING!! She was (and is) easy to hang with.
She never got that baby sister she wanted so badly, but found time and energy to devote to her beautiful cousins. She has taught them well.
Even when she hit that unenviable rough patch all kids get to endure...she was still funny and beautiful.
Of course she didn't ever lose that wicked sense of humor or her snarkiness (I blame her mother...oh wait...that's me).
But she used her strong will to over come many challenges in her life. She is kind and smart and strong. She is sweet and beautiful and strong...did I mention that?
I am so very proud of this young woman. She amazes me every day. My heart swells with pride just thinking about her. My eyes leak too...because I am sure I miss her more than any mother ever missed her daughter. She is not just my kid...she is my friend. I treasure our relationship and this girl. I am one proud Mama.
Happy Birthday, my darling girl. You are SO loved!!
We've Moved!
1 year ago








6 comments:
Beautiful tribute! I LOVE it!! You are such an awesome mom.
She is such a beautiful girl, you have every right to be proud.
happy birthday, jo! you are so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with your daughter :-).
I hope JimiJo's birthday was a wonderful one. Even if she didn't to get time in person with her momma, I know your love was felt! Your relationship with JimiJo is something I strive for with my girls. You are an amazing example to me!
Oh my heart swells just looking at her beautiful face! She is such an amazing young woman...but really, how could she be anything less with such an amazing Momma like you!
Oh my heart swells just looking at her beautiful face! She is such an amazing young woman...but really, how could she be anything less with such an amazing Momma like you!
Post a Comment