skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Comfort
Happy Sunday my friends. It is rainy and a bit gloomy here today...but I love it. I like to stay inside (once in a while) and snuggle under a blanket on the couch and watch a movie. Because it is Sunday I am trying to read the lesson material for the coming weeks (instead of a movie). I find it very interesting that one of the topics for February is "How can I find comfort when someone I care about dies?" I am a leader of the youth in our church. I am "in charge" (I use that phrase loosely in case someone actually thinks I am responsible enough to be in charge) of the 12 &13 year old girls. We will discuss (at some point next month) what the girls can do to find comfort. HA!! I am so not a good role model for that one. Sure, in the space of 5 years I have become less sad, angry, lonely and hurt....but am I truly qualified to teach these sweet girls anything about finding comfort. I personally have found that there are things that have helped (a little) and I have TRULY felt the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ, while I have mourned the loss of my Mama (and best friend). But I really don't feel like I am a beacon of mental health or that I have enough answers for this subject. I will probably let someone else teach this one. Not sure I could even get through is without being a sobbing mess. February 14th is fast approaching. This year will be different. Who knows....maybe that will make it easier. I do know that pizza is on the menu...and I don't have to share it (or feel guilty for eating the whole. dang. thing.) How do you find comfort?? How do you spend February 14th?? Do you like rainy days?? Do you like playing 20 questions with me :) Thanks for leaving a comment. I do love them.
6 comments:
I think you're an awesome example of comfort. Jo tweets about how warm and full you make her heart. :) My momma and sisters are the people I go to for an uplifting talk, I need to learn about doing that more so on my own though. I can't imagine not having my mom around when I need a cry. I would take a rainy day over a snowy day too. :)
Oh shoot, now I can't see the questions! I find comfort by texting you! I LOVE Valentines Day. We always celebrate it as a family holiday, rarely as a romantic holiday...usually because Derek is working. Heart shaped pizza, pink floats and sugar cookies or cake pops will be on the menu.
I LOVE rainy days. It's one of the things that I miss aobut living in Oregon.
Did I cover it all?
Oh, and I LOVE you....YOU are fabulous.
1- This year I will be spending February 14th at HOME (my real home, not in this stupid place that I am supposed to call "home")in Utah. We always get heart shaped pizza and hang out with the kids (since the next day is our anniversary and we go out on a date and figure that its not nice to ditch the kids 2 nights in a row!)
2- I cry. And pray. Then cry some more. Then I usually take a nap because my eyes hurt.
3-I LOVE rainy days. Today is an overcast day. This state has too much sun (I know that sounds weird-but this girl likes variety!).
4-Of course I do!!!
Oh and that's great that you are responsible enough to be "leader" over the 12 and 13 year olds. I am only mature enough to be "leader" to the 18 month olds ;cD
you'll do great at teaching that lesson b/c it's real to you and the girls will connect with that. to find comfort, i cry, get lost in a book, and bake chocolate chip cookies. i also hug cubby. he's good for that :-). we don't do much for valentine's day--kind of a made up holiday in my opinion. but, cubby will usually bring home some flowers and i'll write him a sappy letter :-). we call up good-ol' Papa Murphy for a heart pizza for the kiddos. and, it's rainy today and i'm reading your blog. i'll probably get up a clean a bit soon too. there you have it!
Rainy days make me crazy b/c the dog tracks her wet, stinky body and paws all over my floors, yuk and sometimes I melt in the rain, that's no bueno.
Valentines day-it depends on the day of the week it falls on. If it's a school night we usually stay home and celebrate as a family with a heart shaped pizza which I don't like from Papa Murphy's but the rest of my family does, so we get it. We don't really exchange gifts but usually just a card.
I find comfort in my home, I LOVE that place. It's my safe place. And in coffee, and in my hubby, those things make me feel comforted.
Can't comment....I hate February....I hate it all! But I do love a good rainy day, every now and then, AND I do LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment