Thursday, February 7, 2013

More To Love

You might get the idea that I like Valentines Day. I don't. But I do love the colors associated with it. And I LOVE making things for my family and friends. My sister sent me a text with a photo of a craft kit consisting of 4 chunks of 2x4 and 4 mini candle sticks. The kit cost $22 and came unfinished and without any embellishments at all. What?? Robbery!!
Sister asked if she bought the kit and shipped it to me, could I finish it and mail it back. I figured I could do one better and just get the stuff here and make it up.  Not hard. I did forget to seal the paper with Mod Podge before applying the stain....epic fail. A re-do was needed pronto. (Yes, this is my kitchen table!)
After I got that sorted out, the rest went more smoothly.
I had to look around a bit to find the right paper. But I think I scored with this set. Jo and Steph helped me pick it out.
Set #1....I love the aqua and red in this one. It makes me very happy.
Set #2....Obviously chosen for the owls. I can't get enough of their cuteness!!
And set #3...Probably my favorite. I like the mini tutus they are wearing.
Overall a fun and quick-ish craft. Happy February.

6 comments:

Connie said...

What a cute project. I think the tulle on the last set is adorable. Your family and friends need to thank you for sharing your talents with them. Imagine charging $22 for a kit...I think not! Great JOB!

Teresa said...

I wish you lived closer so we could do all this crafty fun together!

Kim said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! I AM SUCH A FAN!

Heather said...

So how much are you charging for your finished product??? And when the heck are you opening your etsy shop??? Love these!

Kathleen said...

an etsy shop would definitely be a good idea for you! kari would put her vote in for the tutus :-).

Nae said...

You are wizard and should be making some $$ with these gems!