The painters are coming today to put a fresh coat of paint on my walls. They are going to be painting all of the gold paint....GRAY!! I am so excited. When we first moved into this house we love love loved the paint colors. But as time has gone on (2 1/2 years) I have realized what a crappy job they did with the painting. It is splochy and thin (needed another coat). The color has lost it's charm for me and if we didn't have super high vaulted ceilings I would have painted it myself by now.
When I started obsessing about the color (an I do mean obsessing...poor Jim) My sweet hubby suggested we take a weekend and paint it ourselves. Sure....except we don't own a ladder tall enough (and he HATES being on any ladder), and I didn't really want to bug him with it (he also HATES to paint!). I asked my friends for some referrals and called a couple. The one we ended up with will do all the prep, buy the paint and paint the whole thing (in about 4 hours) for less than $500!!!
Cue the choir singing and commence the happy dance!! I am pumped!! Best thing to spend our tax return on EVER!! So today will start a whole new look. Now to find some curtains ;) (This feels like a whole new chapter to "If You Give a Pig a Pancake)
We've Moved!
1 year ago



5 comments:
OMG - you are so dang funny, I can hardly stand it! You missed your calling as a stand up comedian for sure. I am excited to see the results. 4 hours? That is worth double!! Give out the name of the paint color and brand.
So we are also hiring a painter for the first time..so excited too! We are so sick of painting ourselves. And we get the fire fighter discount! Will be so worth writing the check. And it will look so nice done by a pro.
You are so smart to hire someone to paint, $500 seems like a very fair price. Lucky you, I can't wait to see the pictures of the new color.
Awesome!! I've never had the luxury of having someone else paint for me. Lucky girl. I'm seriously amazed its been 2.5 years since you moved. Amazing!
OMG New coats for all of us this Spring! Change is in the air! Luff you! I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment