It all started with some wooden pumpkins one of my sisters bought at a craft fair. I loved them and wanted all my friends to have them too. Most of you know that I have my own saw. I'll tell you this, it is SO FUN!! Power tools are FUN. It's true. A little intimidating at first but once you get used to them....oh my!! I chopped a couple 4x4 posts into blocks and did the same with a ratty looking 2x2.
Obviously that made more projects than even I could wrap my head around. So what's a girl to do?? Invite a few friends (who are childless during the day because let's face it...crafting with kids is SO much harder!!) over to get their craft on.
I'll post pictures of all of the finished project when ALL of the girls get them done...ahhemmmmm...(slow pokes)
My pumpkins went through a bit of evolution....I like that I can do that. I wanted dots on the yellow pumpkin but the lumpy, asymmetrical dots that happened just weren't doing it for me. At. All. So I sanded them down and gave it another go. Same with the chevron stencil. Didn't match up on the corners. No bueno. So I tried again.
Much better. I have another set I'm working on. I'll just say it is SUPER CUTE too. I am thinking I need to do this more often. It was so fun to hang out with these women. A few I've not had a lot of time like this with...priceless!!
Stay tuned...I will show you how different and fabulous they ALL turned out. This was so fun, I'll probably do it again!
We've Moved!
1 year ago






4 comments:
Oh my word, these are so cute and so clever. I love this idea. Hugs, Marty
Love how they turned out. I totally do the same with projects, not happy, sand it off and start again. I can't wait to see the rest of them.
So fun! Luff you!
very cute...i'll have to call you in, say, 7 years when my kids are all in school and we can get our craft on :-).
Post a Comment