Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Some Progress Photos

The brown is gone. The polka dot ceiling is gone. I'm not finished and I see a trip to Home Goods in the immediate future...but let's look at where we started, shall we?
It was a nice brown...until it wasn't. It was dark and made the room feel smaller. The people who painted this lovely shade needed to to another coat. The smurf blue that was there before showed through in spots. No bueno.
The shower especially felt cave-like. I was ready for a change.
No more shower cave!! I still have to cut in the edges...but that means buying a taller ladder. This girl is too short!!
The room feels so much bigger and I can't even express my LOVE of how bright and cheery it is now.
I did add color to the wall behind the tub which wasn't in the original plan. But I must say, I love it!! So now I have to finish the ceiling and accessorize....maybe some new art for the wall? Definitely some new (decorative) towels to hang on the not-to-be-used towel rack.
But of course we have our first real snow storm of the year....so being the patient person that I am ;) I'll have to do some online shopping to tide me over. I'll let you know when I am finished. I'm so happy with it!!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Lokkin' good. I can't wait for the finished pictures.

Darned weather anyway, it is important for a woman to get to Home Goods when she is in the middle of a project.