Thursday, February 27, 2014

As Done As It Will Be....For a While

Let's start at the (almost) beginning. I feel like a reading of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? is in order. The walls in my bathroom were a lovely shade of rusty brown.
When we bought this house I liked all the colors (except the white laundry room...and we all know how THAT turned out). But slowly the colors that I initially loved have been buggin' me. 
So what's a girl to do? 
Paint, of course!! White walls (a color I have NEVER used before...no lie) and a lovely minty/aqua shade for the ceiling and wall behind the tub. It is SO pretty. My bedroom is very masculine...dark brown walls, blue bedding...huge log furniture. This bathroom makes the girly girl in me very happy!
 Sunburst mirror from Home Goods, peony picture from Joss & Main (online store) and a new towel from BB&B...oh yes, this girl is pleased.
 I shopped my house for everything else. You can see my unmade bed in this picture...so classy!!
 There is my towel bar over the toilet solution. I had this over-the-door rack on the laundry room door not being used. So now it has made my life better. I love it when that happens.
 Close up of the peonies. I LOVE THEM!! They brought the right pink into the mix. So for now, I am done with it. I love, love, love the way it turned out. 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Lovely! Now draw yourself a nice hot bubble bath, grab a good book, turn on some relaxing music and enjoy your new surroundings for AT LEAST a an hour of uninterrupted bliss.

Unknown said...

Very much good ya!