Monday, September 27, 2010

Pretty in Blue

Before I moved into this house, this is what the laundry room looked like. Unfortunately this is the best "before" shot I have. I say unfortunately because the washer and dryer didn't stay with the house. hahahaha As we moved in I knew I'd be changing this room. In fact back when I made-over my last laundry room I already knew what my next laundry room would look like. When we chose this house, with it's open floor plan and designer paint colors....the laundry room was less than a thrill. But with my vision in place, I knew it would become girly and fabulous.
So, I started with the paint color. My sweet hubby started the process of painting for me. Since he was here for the closing and before our stuff was delivered....he jumped right in.
Then the fabulous in-laws came to visit. Hub's Dad always likes to have something to do. Small projects are his specialty. I can't tell you how many light fixtures he has changed for us and he's changed out just as many faucets too. This time I needed him to help DH change the light fixture and add some much needed cabinets.
So, (almost) all said and done....girly and fabulous times ten! I love it. It is a small space with a big window. So along with the beautiful warm glow from the chandelier, the room is filled with lots of natural light as well.
Picture this pretty valance up over the top of the window. It is on it's way....but as with all good things....this took some doing.
A peek to the left.....
My newly-started L collection....you know Laundry...or Lori....whichever....
And a peek to the right....baskets on top for extra storage.
This "laundry" sign was actually the jumping off point or inspiration, if you will, for this room. I made it back in Minnesota and since I had just done my laundry room....I knew I'd be saving it for my next house....(yes, there is always a next house)
So here is my wonderful, girly, so-me laundry room transformation.
Do you love it? I surely do!


UPDATE:
This is the valance on the window. It looks so good! I am linking to Met Monday's Mom Cave. While this isn't a fabulous craft room or a romantic master bedroom....it is practical. I spend SO much time in here....and I LOVE being in the laundry room!!

29 comments:

michelle said...

That turned out so beautiful! I love the chandelier!! Very chic! Partying with you at Met Monday!!!

Rochelleht said...

WOW!
Wow!
wow!
wowwowowowow!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

That is some fancy laundry room! I'd lever leave, lol!

S
xo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It's fabulous. Love the color and the gorgeous chandelier. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! So dang cute!! Good job sister!!! You rock!

Teresa said...

I LOVE the chandelier!!!!! Very nice Lori!

the mom~ said...

LOVE it! I'd be in there ALL day if it were my room! :)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Oh yeah, this is stunning. Great color, great chandelier and I am swooning for that valence. Great room.
Pam at Becolorful

Nae said...

I <3 your new laundry room very much! The chandelier is sick!! And the color - da bomb. You are a wizard, genius my friend!!

Kim said...

It is awesome! I so want to come there and wash clothes!

Heather said...

That laundy room of your MIGHT even get me to do a load or two! ;) I love it and you are indeed a genius!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

So fancy. I love it!

chris said...

What a fabulous transformation! The lighting is my favorite touch. The color just seems so cheery.

Kara's Korner said...

Love it...it looks perfect! Love your helpers too, too cute!

Great job!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love the color. It makes it so cheery. I love all of your little touches too and the chandy just tops it off. :)

Life in Rehab said...

I'm so totally crushing on that chandelier!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

It is such a happy space! I LOVE that chandy :)
Christa
www.storiesofahouse.com

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Ooh! LOVE your new laundry room, Lori! Hopefully it makes laundry a little more fun with a chandelier above you! :) I just love this - - you did such a great job!

Cindy said...

i would never think to put a pretty chandelier in a laundry room, but it makes it so much more than just a boring place to do chores. good job.

Unknown said...

Oh, WOW! Seriously, I'm copying you on this one. My laundry room looks exactly like your before! This is THE most beautiful laundry room I've ever seen. I'd live in a laundry room like that and my laundry would ALWAYS be caught up!

Here from the CSI Project link party and I'm now a new follower!

~ The Speckled Dog

Unknown said...

Me again.

OK, I gotta ask, where do you hang your laundry as you're getting it out of the dryer? Do you just fold it and then hang it up once you get to the bedroom? I'm asking because I mentioned in my last comment that my laundry room is exactly like yours and on the wall directly across from the washer and dryer are two modular shelves used to hang and stack laundry and that's exactly what I do. BUT, I want my room to look like your new one. :-)

~ The Speckled Dog

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Your laundry room is so very pretty. I can picture that valance up and it will look great with the wall color!

Julie said...

Wow! So whimsical & fun!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Love your laundry room makeover, especially the chandelier. Very elegant touches. If you are ging to spend some time in there, you may as well make it pretty. Linda

Renee said...

Oh my word!!!!! Maybe I could fall in love with my laundry room if I could make that hole in the basement pretty!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The laundry room looks fantastic. I am so glad you found the lady on ebay to make your valance. It looks wonderful!
xo, Sherry

kate blue said...

unfortunately, I don't have a finished laundry room...I just have a w/d in an unfinished closet with a boiler...but I sure love yours!!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Adorable! love the way you hid the outlet with the shelf, and I really love the chandelier. I'm going to have to think about doing that to my laundry room. Very nice transformation.

:)
ButterYum

Roberta said...

Who wouldn't love to do laundry in that space...very nice. The paint looks blue at times and then green as it gets darker. Great window treatment and the chandelier is over the top. Best of luck in the giveaway, fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com