So, today my baby turns 17. I can hardly believe it has been that long...but, as she is all to quick to remind me...she is not a baby any more. Last year for her birthday I arranged (with some help from Reid and Steph) to have 16 cute boys at her school give her a flower (provided by me) and then sing Happy Birthday to her. At first she was mortified....but by the end she was (secretly) loving it! I am so sorry that I don't have those connections at this school. So instead, I decided I would add 17 of my favorite photos of Jo and give you 17 of the many reasons I love this girl.
She isn't much of a morning person...like her Mama. I love that about her.
She is beautiful...inside as well as out. Her (beautiful) hard outer shell is there to protect her soft squishy heart.
She likes to hang out with me sometimes. She will even accompany me to Hobby Lobby and antique stores. Love her!
This is one of my favorite photos of my girl. It shows her sweet side. She does have one....I promise. I definitely love that about her.
She is observant. All of her peeps are having a riotous time and she is savoring every detail to replay later in the lonely dessert of Nebraska.
I love that my girl always chooses good friends. Now that she is older she seems to always surround herself with kids that are making good choices in their lives and trying to stay out of trouble.
She is a champion. She will defend her friends (and even random kids at school) from others that are being unkind.
She knows her colors....right foot green....No, Jo...your other right! hahahaha
She knows how to party. Shaving cream fights and chocolate syrup fights are some of her favorite party games.
She is courageous. More than once she has had to defend her religious beliefs.
She is spontaneous. And she helps me to try to be. Love this kid!
She is loyal. Once you are her friend....you will always be.
She is real. You won't catch this kid trying to be something she's not.
She is goofy....and fun. I love to listen to her and her friends. I always smile.
She loves her family....fiercely.
She is named after her Grandma....whom she loves VERY much.
She is smart. This kid had the P.J. Funnybunny story book memorized by the age of 4. Not bad, Jo!
Those are just a few of the reasons I love this girl. I could go on and on....So, Jo...now that you are 17 there is something I suppose I should tell you. You will always be my baby girl. I am so proud of you....you continually inspire me and bring me joy. I love you. That's all.
She isn't much of a morning person...like her Mama. I love that about her.
She is observant. All of her peeps are having a riotous time and she is savoring every detail to replay later in the lonely dessert of Nebraska.
I love that my girl always chooses good friends. Now that she is older she seems to always surround herself with kids that are making good choices in their lives and trying to stay out of trouble.
She is a champion. She will defend her friends (and even random kids at school) from others that are being unkind.
She is real. You won't catch this kid trying to be something she's not.
She is goofy....and fun. I love to listen to her and her friends. I always smile.
She loves her family....fiercely.
She is named after her Grandma....whom she loves VERY much.
She is smart. This kid had the P.J. Funnybunny story book memorized by the age of 4. Not bad, Jo!
Those are just a few of the reasons I love this girl. I could go on and on....So, Jo...now that you are 17 there is something I suppose I should tell you. You will always be my baby girl. I am so proud of you....you continually inspire me and bring me joy. I love you. That's all.
6 comments:
Happy birthday, JimiJo! Lori, this is a wonderful tribute to your amazing daughter. I know I have certainly enjoyed watching her grow and evolve over the past 3 years. Hope that the day is fabulous!
So sweet! I'm pretty sure I would be having a heart attack if my baby were turning 17. Thanks for paving the way for us wimps.
I love you Jimi Jo!! Happy birthday!!!!
Awe my sweet GJo how I love that kid! She has blessed so much! She rocks! LOVE YA!
Happy 17th JimiJo! 17 was my favorite year of life!!! Enjoy yours!
What a sweet post...it makes me love Jimi Jo too, even though I only met her when she was a baby. Hope she had a great birthday!
Post a Comment