Friday, September 17, 2010

Rock Star

Do you ever finish a craft and feel like a FRICKIN' ROCK STAR!!! Huh...no...well...I do. It's not often mind you..but it does happen. And this project was one of those times. So remember the sock wreath I made for the 4th of July? Well, I did another one...and ya know what? I like it even better. It's true. Want to know why....Because it cost me less to make this one. How?? Well, let's start with the socks. I got them at Good Will (brand new) for $1.58 a pair. And they are knee socks, so I only needed 4 pair per wreath. Yup! Then I got the little embellishments for a buck a piece at Hobby Lobby (swoon). The ribbon was 50% off there too. YAHOO! They didn't have any fabric that thrilled me so I got a little creative. I used some cloth napkins (that I bought at the dollar store) and the ribbon to make rosettes.
See the really long socks...so perfect!!
Look how perfect they look on my dollar store wreath base. Magic, I tell ya!
Since I showed you all how to roll the flowers and all the details in the other post, I'll just skip to the end....PERFECT!!!
Seriously....rock star worthy. I don't usually decorate for Halloween....not my thing....but I think I'll be fer keepin' this one.
Also a big shout out for my second fav.....and I think I know just the girl to give it too. I have some little girl clothes to send any way.....Do you think she'll like it?




Since this craft was just at $10 I wanted to link up to this party. Have fun looking at the amazing projects!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Looks awesome!

Rochelleht said...

WOW! You really are. Those are so cool.

Teresa said...

Super cute!

Nae said...

They are both really rockin'!

msorensen said...

stinking cute!! I am jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!

the mom~ said...

very cute!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OK, this is absolutely the coolest Halloween wreath I have ever seen. Brilliant!

Melissa said...

Socks?? I love it. You should feel like a rock star!!

Ally said...

Saw this post from the link at 320 Sycamore. Love the sock idea!!! So much better than hot gluing string around the whole thing.