So apparently my daughter has The Cheese Touch. If you don't know what that is....you need to rent Diary of a Wimpy Kid. If you don't have any 6 years old boys hanging out at your house, you might want to rent one of those too. It just makes the movie that much better. Trust me. So I have so much to tell you....first off....while I was in Utah for my Dad's wedding my daughter's fish died. Not her favorite fish,
Juno, but her newest fish, Leah. Leah was sweet and unassuming. She just loved to swim and eat....and little else. Somehow poor, sweet Leah got sucked up into the filter thingie and not being a small fishy, she got stuck and passed on. Sad for Leah...but REALLY sad for my baby, who, like her Grandma Connie, has a very tender heart where her pets are concerned. Fast forward to this morning when I get the frantic cry for help from the basement. Apparently,
Juno decided she just couldn't go on without her pal Leah and swam under the filter thingie and became lodged there.....stuck by the suction. When I arrived on the scene Juno was still gasping. Hoping to save her we acted quickly and moved the suckie thingie and Juno swam free.....only to turn upside down, gasping and trying to right herself. It was a morbid scene and I decided I'd better put Juno out of her misery before my sweet baby suffered any more trauma. So I did it. I had to flush a still wiggly fish to it's eternal resting place. Does that make me a monster? I sent my girl back to bed where the dogs and I joined her for a quick therapy session. The dogs tried to console her with their foul breath and wet noses....and it did seem to lessen the sting of Juno's betrayal. I went up and made my baby some cocoa and toast (a quick cure for a broken heart) and sent her off to school. Now I must decide how bad I want to fix this for her. Do I rush out and buy a couple new fish (and a better suckie thingie) or do I wait and let the dust settle, our hearts mend and then go find some more future floaters? Do things in your life seem to fall apart all at once.....or do you get to face your life's tragedies one at a time?
6 comments:
Oh no, that makes me sad. Pets are special members of the family too.
For me, it seems like when it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about Juno and Leah.
Side note-HOW WAS THE WEDDING?!?!
Well you know I have the permanente cheese touch~ It all hits the fan at the same time, over and over, and over! I am so sad for poor Jo, and you! It's never fun to have to pick up the pieces! I say let the dust settle and let Jo lead you! If she wants fish right away and you are willing then go for it! If not then wait till she is ready! Love you!
Um, at least you didn't make your own kid do it.
Mother of the year here!!
Oh I am so sorry that you and Jo had to go through this! Ick for you both. I second everything that Kim said. I think that this was the same day that I had my "when it rains it pours" morning. I told someone yesterday that my life is like a sitcom only NOT funny. She found that extrememly funny for some reason. I assure you however that it.is.not.funny. AT. ALL. Love you my sisterchick. ;)
maybe you should get her a Beta fish like Neck, then you don't have to have a filter, just a bowl. they have some pretty cool split bowl (separated into two sections) so you can have two betas but they cant get at eachother and fight!! But Neck did well by himself, he was a good fish!
Post a Comment