Thursday, March 3, 2016

FIRE!

Since we moved in we have wanted a fireplace. Not just for the warm ambiance it provides but for an emergency heat source. In the beginning Jim and I couldn't agree on the type. Jim wanted a stove looking fire and I wanted a traditional fireplace. Well...Jim is a good man and listens to me on design choices. I painted the wall Palladian Blue before we started leaving a square when the fireplace would be.
When the first day of the install happened I was so excited. I just wanted to see the finished product. I'm not overly patient when it comes to my projects. I had no control over the timeline and was probably a pain!! I did learn quite a bit by watching and asking a ton of questions.
As it started taking shape I started to panic. What if the tile and mantle I picked out looked terrible? What if I hated it all and was stuck with it forever!!
When the tile guy showed up (a scheduling snafu caused him to be a week late) he was very helpful! I had tried to envision how I wanted the tile laid out but I couldn't get anything to work. He suggested a couple things (including putting tile on the floor in front and where to place the accent tile) and it all fell into place.
I love it!! I am still trying to figure out the cord mess...but I have faith that it too will come together.
I am still hunting for bookcases to go on either side. I feel like we need the extra storage and it will make everything feel finished.

No comments: