Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Begining to Look a Lot Like......

You guessed it!! I am digging out the Christmas decorations. I was going to wait...but...I have been locked in my house waiting for the carpet guy to install a teensy bit of carpet in my house. I have NOTHING TO DO!!! So...I dug into the boxes of fun and memories and got a jump on the season. I have seen some wonderful blogs full of beautiful Fall's Bounty type decorating....but I am all about the red and silver and green and gold....I crave it all year. This year I am even trying out hanging ornaments from the light over my dinning room table. ((Just a side note...as soon as I find a light fixture that I can't live without...this baby is HISTORY!!) The usual decorations in their usual places....with a few new-comers mixed in. I scored BIG TIME at Target last year. I got A TON of stuff at 75% off!! LOVE THAT RED STORE!!!
I am looking for a Santa hat to put on ole' Uncle Sam there....he needs a bit of Christmas cheer!! I am waiting to set up my big tree. I just can't seem to wrap my brain around doing the lights and the actual branch placement by myself this year. Kev is the best tree guy I know. I'm not sure I can do it without him.....we might not have a big tree this year.....In the mean time, I got this little cutie pie for five bucks last year. He is a little small...so I put a box under him. I like that he is miniature. That way I can put him in the tiny space that I have available in the TV area. I plan on putting some snowman ornaments on him and maybe some snowflakes....I put him up before the carpet guy was scheduled to come. He is waiting patiently in the sun room to be set back out for all the family to enjoy. Speaking of the carpet guy....hahahahaha....He is SUCH a nice man. But really?? First impressions being what they are....
WOW!!! I was sure the rest of ZZ Top was coming through the door in some bizarre reality show!! Let me just say that HE IS A REALLY GREAT GUY. But...wow....He and his wife have raised 5 girls and he has been a carpet layer, installation specialist...guy for 35 years.
( Please don't judge me by what the back of my carpet looks like....not all of the grossness was from us....this carpet is old....) He was here ALL DAY yesterday. I turned down 2 sub jobs for the day. And then he tells me he will be here most of the day today!!
It is looking great. I am so excited to have it done and the mess cleaned up!!! I will post some pics of the whole finished project in a few days. Until then, my friends, crank up the Christmas music (carpet guy does in fact think I cam crazy!) and enjoy the day!!!

7 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

Love the ornaments on the chandelier--what a great idea. Very festive.

Nae said...

ZZtop is right!! Your dining room looks super cute all decked out in Christmas festiveness. See ya in a few!

Kim said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOVE ZZ TOP! I am sad your thinking of not setting up your tree! Sounds kinda grinchy to me! hehe! Love ya my sister! Can't wait to see you SOOOOONNNNN!!!

Charlene said...

for a minute I thought I was reading about you putting snowman ornaments on... the carpet guy because I was looking at him at the same time. I figured you were getting festive because he was there for so long.

the mom~ said...

ZZ Top was right! LOL
Thanks for the picture!!!

Dena Pickle said...

Thnaks for the visit yesterday I abscolutely love the pumpkins and plan to do this at my house too!
Thanks for sharing. I'm following you.
Dena

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

How exciting....NEW carpet! Mine is only 5 years old and I'm ready for new (sick dog).
I'm with you on the Christmas decor! I wander around blogville to enjoy autumn decor while decorating to my hearts content for Christmas. Guess you and I will be the onlyones kicked back and enjoying the month of December, eh?