Monday, November 30, 2009

Home Again

We drove through the night into the most beautiful sunset on the 20th. In our yearning to be with family for Thanksgiving, we blocked from our memory the horrible drive that separates us. The memories quickly resurfaced however, as we hit the sixth hour and we were only half way through North Dakota.
But this was waiting for us. Cooper and Cylie, Bridger and Brook, Lacey, Tyler, Denver and Cade, my sisters and Travis, and their spouses, and of course my Dad were there to greet us. Well...eventually....as we pulled into town bright and early...we had to wait before seeing EVERYONE!! It was so worth the drive. Let me tell you just a bit of our holiday vacation.
We celebrated Tyler's birthday. We set up my Dad's Christmas tree....and some (not even close to all) of the decorations.
We laughed until we literally couldn't breathe. We cried and cried with laughter. There were a few nice comfortable silent moments when words were unnecessary. It's nice to be with people who just "get it" no explanations needed.
Jo and Kim and I got pedi's. So nice to relax and chat without having to wonder what Miss Cylie was up to.
Pretty toes!!
We started a craft. We made muffin tin advent calendars. Such a funny/stressful/wacky afternoon.
We danced and danced. The joy at being together was just contagious.
We made donuts. 'Nuff said!!
Lacey read to the little kids. She is becoming such a beautiful young woman. She is wiser that her 1o years would suggest.
Miss Cy...into anything and everything. She climbs up or in to any place she wants to play in or explore. She has the BEST personality.
Beauty. She is so sweet and caring. Just like her Grandma.
Ah, yes, Cade. He has the world by the tail. What 18 year old doesn't?
Travis loved that Cooper wanted to play with him. They were so cute together.
Not one to wait for an invitation....Cy decided to see what Lacey was doing.
This was actually on our way home. She was hanging out with a big ram right on the side of the road as we summited the pass at Big Sky.
Denver just couldn't seem to hold still. Bridger was able to "freeze" when asked...but Denver just had to keep moving.
Like I said....on or in everything!!
Jo took her camera and some cousins downstairs to play. She is one of their favorite people in the whole world.
Two cute girls.
That Brook is a riot. Jim loved visiting with her this trip. He always has fun with Bridger, but this time Brook had is attention a lot too. She tells him, "You know, Uncle Jim, we never talk any more." And then proceeded to ask him all kinds of funny questions like "Where would you run away to?" She is a funny girl.
My CyCy. What a doll.....a naughty girl!! hahahaha
Now you have seen a incredibly long with way too many pictures nice recap of our Thanksgiving trip. I have only a couple of regrets. Jim's parents and sister moved before we got to see them and I didn't get to see any of my friends. Other than that it was THE PERFECT THANKSGIVING. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

8 comments:

Charlene said...

I love seeing your annual Thanksgiving trip to Idaho!! Brings me back home, just a little bit! I'm curious to see what the advent calendar looks like?

Kim said...

What a wonderful trip indeed...can you come back already! It is so quiet with out you! I am so Thankful for you and your family and the joy you all bring! Thanks again for making that horid drive to see us! I love you and miss you already!

Teresa said...

Ah, I am glad you guys had such a fun time! You are all so wacky! I remember being young and playing and playing and playing with my cousins on visits to Grandma's. Wish you could have made the 5 hour drive down to see me (ha ha! I am so funny, do you like how I told YOU to do the driving!!). Maybe next year! :c)

the mom~ said...

Looks like a wonderful trip and I LOVE all the pictures!!!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a marvelous time....it's neat how the younger cousins look up to the older cousin(s):)

Nae said...

It looks like you made the most of every priceless, treasured moment! Those cousins look like they were having a blast too. We need to get together to share more about it.

Heather said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time. I am so happy that you are home safe! Missed you tonight in class, see you in the morning!

msorensen said...

miss you, crazy lady!!