I am way behind on my posts and projects lately. I have been busy. Really...I have...I have been working almost every day (long-term sub in special ed) and I have been cleaning and de-junking my house. I didn't realize how much crap I have been accumulating. It's time for us to move again. Not a happy thought for me...at all. I know...I whined for almost 2 full years about how much I missed home and how I was moving back there the first chance I got. Well...part of that is still true. I would love to live near my sisters and their kids. But truth be told...I will miss the family that I have found here. The friends I have made here are more than friends to me. I have gained new sisters. I love them and I will miss them. The house I end up in has to have a guestroom for them to visit. Today I made myself get into my craft room and organize and decrapify. It took me 3 hours and it still needs more thrown out organized...but I ran out of steam. So instead, I took a break. I got a couple of projects finished (hey...that was part of the plan all along....it's part of the organizing!).
One of my little friends is having a birthday next month. She is going to be an adventurer when she grows up. I thought of her when I saw the movie UP. I loved that movie and parts of it really resonated with me. Anyhoo...I made her an "Adventure Book". She can keep track of all of the mementos and photos she collects along her way. It was easy to make. I bought a scrapbook and put vinyl letters on the front (and some on the inside...but that is for her to see) and a little note from me. I wanted a plain scrapbook, but was unable to find one the couple of days I spent looking.

7 comments:
Ooooh..I love that adventure book! That little girl will LOVE it too! ;)
I am sorry your moving again my sister! How far away will you be from your current home? Happy dejunking! LOVE YOU!
Oh you busy, busy woman! You always find time to create though. You are so good at it, too. I wish you luck with the organizing. I have been trying that lately and realize how easy it is to collect a lot of crap. I have a yard sale room now. It has taken over my guest room! The goal is to actually have a yard sale but I am having trouble scheduling a day that I want to sacrifice to do it! Anyway, keep up the good work, I like the way you take a break:)
Love the adventure book!! Nice to see some of your craft projects again.
Love both projects...you crafty lady. Sorry to hear about the move! Hang in there.
CUTE stuff! Wow, moving, huh? That takes some energy, that's for sure. Are you going to be in Idaho this summer for the reunion? I hope so!!!
What a perfect album for the adventure girl! Love you new laundry picture as well and can't wait until I get to see it hung in its new home in Omaha!
Post a Comment