Thursday, July 29, 2010

Camping....My Favorite

I have been in Idaho with the family for the last two weeks. We had some very memorable moments. My Dad and his siblings had their bi-annual family reunion. Five days and four nights of camping in Heise Idaho. At first the thought of tent camping for that long brought a tear to my eye and a cramp to my back. Then Kim found us a camper to use and we were set....sort of. We still had to endure five days of camping. But in the end and looking back (now that I'm clean and rested) it was a fun trip and I'm glad we went. For three days before we left for the reunion....I was sick. It was miserable. So of course the first two days camping....my beautiful daughter was sick. She was so not loving the camping experience. Bridger woke up one morning and puked...but then ate two bowls of cereal and two pancakes and a scrambled egg. He was cured!
I do love the fire. Every night we would gather around it and visit. Other than smelling like smoke for days afterward....campfire is perfect.
Tin foil dinners....yum. We liked this meal. Everyone can add what they want and none of the veggies they won't eat.
My sisters were thoughtful enough to thank my Dad for bringing us to this camping Utopia...and I thanked him for putting up with my whining.
We sat around and did some family bonding. Cooper got to hang with Tyler which is something he doesn't get much. There is Jo on day two of being sick. Doesn't she look happy? At least she was no longer crying....begging me to take her home.
Michelle cooked a marshmallow for Coop. I'd say he liked it. After he ate it he got this sugar induced manic wild craziness going on. It was hilarious.
Dad borrowed a 4-wheeler train from a friend of his. The kids loved it. Travis sat in the back and was "The Boss O' the Barrels".
Around in circles until we were dizzy watching them.
This car was Bridger and Denver's favorite. With the wheel in the center they could spin the barrel as fast as they could take it!
Lacey and Cylie liked it a bit slower.
Brook and Cooper rode it many times...usually with Cooper up front with Grandpa.
Cylie was Grandpa's best helper. She helped to unload the wood and stack it neatly.
When she needs help with something she'll ask "I help you?" How can you not help her with whatever she needs. She is the funniest kid EVER!!
Brook and Bridger climbed and explored all around the campground.
Can you spot our hikers at the top of the hill?
There are four of our favorite people on top of the rocky hill.
Brook, Uncle Matt, Bridger and Denver went to the top to see the view....or to escape the whining below. Who really knows?
Cylie discovered the joy of throwing rocks with Uncle Travis. He is her buddy and instead of calling for Uncle Travis when he walked by, she calls out..."Hey, Buddy!" She was always asking "Where's Buddy?"
Bridger, Brook and Denver managed to go the entire week without falling on the rocks or having one drop on their heads.
Coop and Cy with their Buddy. Travis could barely walk across camp without one of them in his arms. They love him so much....and so do we.
Jo, Lacey and Tyler....I told them that they might as well smile for me because I was taking their pic and posting it regardless of how they looked in it.
One of the many PB&J's Michelle made for the kids. Better than a hot dog for sure!
One of the things Cy thinks is so funny (and indeed it is) is picking her nose (for real or pretend) and asking some unknowing passerby if "you wanna boogie?"
Michelle brought up a little pool for those times we didn't want to pay and arm and a leg to go to the pools. Cy enjoyed it a couple of times.
My toes....in terrible need of a pedicure.
Filling up the pool. She splashed and sprayed herself quite happily as it was 90* in the hot sun.
We did a lot of napping as well. It was a great way to pas time.
Brook was so tired that she grabbed the bug jar she had decorated and was just going to sit on the cooler for a minute and wait for a bug to come her way. I think she might have missed it.
Cooper and his Dad really knew how to snooze. They were the champions of nap time.
Kim got to share her bed with Cylie. I do think the little peanut is taking a bit more than her share of the bed.
Good morning Michelle!! My, aren't you bright eyed and bushy tailed....where did that saying come from anyway. Huh....Well, it did take us a couple of minutes to fully wake up.
Baby Blue Eyes. He is just beautiful
And finally, for one dinner, our fantastic camp chef (Matt) was MIA. So Kim and I had to pitch in and figure things out. We did campfire nachos.....tasty and a recipe that we will save for next time.....if we are ever crazy enough for there to be a next time.
So that was part of my trip to Idaho. Sorry for the length of it...but really....after living it....that was the condensed version for sure! I have SO much more to show you about the other nine days I was there. I do have a couple of projects I'm working on as well. So for now....PEACE!

4 comments:

Kim said...

HAHAHA! WOW thanks for the trip down memory lane! HEHE! That was a long week for sure, hey wait I am still having my long week! UGH! Love you and miss you already!

Rochelleht said...

Ah, that really does look like paradise to me. I LOVE it!!

Teresa said...

Looks like fun. Sad we didnt get to bump into each other since I was right there and you were too...just two days after me!

Nae said...

Sleep deprivation is what camping is all about! It is an exercise in perseverance & Sista, you rocked it! I am still laughing at the picture of Brook on the coolers. Oh my heck!! Wish I could sleep like that... anywhere, anytime.