Friday, July 29, 2011

He's Home

As I reported to you earlier, Elder Reader is HOME!! It has been quite a roller coaster ride. Above all else it is good to have him home. Two years was a long time. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.....He learned so much and grew into a fine young man while he was away. This fabulous banner and balloons were up when we got home. What a wonderful surprise from one of my fabulous friends here. ((Thanks Ilise))
What an emotional day. Luckily my very good sister chic came with all of her little chicks and fabulous hubby to welcome Kevin home with us. Really that is the only reason I got any usable pictures of the occasion. She was also able to take some family pictures and I can't wait to show you all.
I had told myself I was going to wait at the top of the ramp and let Kevin make his way up to us...but as soon as I saw him....I couldn't wait even one more minute. I'll admit....it was a pretty fast walk I was doing.
This is the smile I was waiting for. How I have missed him.
I have waited for that hug for two years. It was like seeing sunshine after a month of rain. It filled my soul and lifted my spirits in a way I didn't know I needed.
His Daddy missed him....just a bit.
Then we got home and started the next chapter in the story of our lives. If it is as interesting as the last two years....I can't wait to see how it goes.

13 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I got tears in my eyes..it was like being there. So happy for Kevin's return...and he does have a wonderful smile.

Kathleen said...

hurray!!! i'm so happy for you all! 'glad it was such a wonderful experience for you all :-).

Kim said...

Ok so I already saw those pictures, and yet they evoked the same reaction! TEARS!! I love that he is home! Love you all, and I can't wait to see his smile in person!!!

Connie said...

This post brought back lots of memories of when my two boys got home off their missions. There are no words to describe how much these guys are missed. Such a sweet reunion. I don't think you could smile any bigger.
WELCOME HOME ELDER READER!

the mom~ said...

Awesome!

Rochelleht said...

HURRAY!!!! I have been waiting for this post! Can't wait to hear how he has settle in and what his plans are. How wonderful.

La Mujer Loca said...

Yeah!!! Welcome home, Kev. What a great family you all are.

Cindy said...

best day ever! the hugging pics get me every time.

cindyc said...

Congratulations to you all! I loved the photos of your beautiful family!

Nae said...

I can just feel the love, joy and excitement through the pictures and your words. I am so incredibly happy for you all!!

Heather said...

I am so happy he is home too! I love that I could be a part of this most special of days! On to new adventures!!!

Walker said...

So sweet! I am glad that he is home safe. You are going to have to give me all the tips on what it's like to have a missionary out since I have to do it four times.

Charlene said...

How exciting and wonderful for you guys! Ethan says, "he's back already?" :)