It's that time of year again. I know some of you are more traditional and wait to spring your Christmas decorations from their place in the storage room until after Thanksgiving. But as you may know...I adore Christmas. I love the music, the lights and especially the Nativities. Last year I couldn't find a box filled with some of my favorites and I was in a panic! I eventually found it (hiding in plain sight) in January....but I was so sad. This year we decided to retire our old, faithful, well used artificial tree. It was getting pretty sad. I bought a new tree from Hobby Lobby (half off!!) It's a 9' slim design tree....no lights. LOVE!!

It was so easy to set up. We have two strings of our favorite twinkling lights. These lights have eight different twinkle settings. I am always on the hunt for more strands. My kids love them too.

We all have our favorite ornaments and my kids get their own ornament every year so when they move out they will have something to start their own trees.

My Mom has given me a few ornaments over the years. They are so precious to me. Mostly they reflect her love of me and also her devotion to the after Christmas sales!!

This pic isn't great (at all) but it shows a few of Kevin's s'mores snowman ornaments. He loves them all.

Kevin made this in kindergarten. It is a little sad. He is missing a few parts, but he is a treasure.

I think Miss Jo had some help with her first grade ornament.

So stinkin' cute!! Ah, my baby!!

So there is our tree this year. Is yours up??
5 comments:
AWE!!! My heart skipped a beat when I saw Kevin in front of your tree with Jo! What a great Christmas you will have this year! LOVE IT! I dread putting up the tree with the dogs and small kids and no room issue! SHEESH!!! I am glad you love it! Love ya!
No...but I got my nativities up yesterday and the boxes are all out. I have a goal to get everything up by Friday or Saturday so I can spend all next week cleaning for the fam to come!! Yeah to early Christmas trees!!!
Love your new tree! I have the same plan..when the kids leave they can take their ornaments with...and it's so neat to look at the ornaments they made in preschoool, kindergarten, etc.
GOOD JOB! Love all the cute ornaments that have such special meaning. I am one of those that waits until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree. I used to like to wait until about the 10th of December but I now shoot for at least December 1st.
beautiful tree...even if it is before thanksgiving :-). we do the ornament to each child each year thing too (carried over from my family)--i love it!
Post a Comment