Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A New Way

I am quite fond of giving gifts. I love to find that perfect something to give to a family member or friend. I was at T.J. Maxx the other day and found the most perfect something....and there was three of them. You know what that means....SISTER GIFT!! Now that I have to ship presents to my sisters I am always looking for new ways to pack them for the bumpy 1000 mile ride to Idaho.
I'd like to introduce you to my paper shredder. Now I realize that she is a little dusty....but she is a workhorse all the same. I ran some packing paper through her grinding teeth first. That will go on the bottom to protect the precious cargo. Then I shredded some Christmas scrap book paper (double sided really would work better, but I used what I had).
I put the packing paper in the bottom of these really cute boxes. Two will be going in the mail. The other two will just need to withstand being under the tree for six and a half weeks!! (Yes, I am setting up my tree TOMORROW!!!)
Then the fragile gift and the shredded pretty paper go into the box.....I'd show you what it is but my sisters will read this (at least it's in their "Good Sister" contract....so they'd better) and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
Here it is....all covered with pretty paper bits. I hope it is enough cushion. I put them (and a few other things) in a big box and added some of those air-filled plastic pouches that I get with some of the things I order through the mail. That ought to do the trick.
A pretty way to pack this gift. That makes me happy. I hope the girls like what's inside as much as I liked finding it, packing it and imagining their faces when they open it!!

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Very cool. Most of my gifts come however Amazon sends them. ;-)

Connie said...

Great finds and a great way to ship. I always worry that things aren't handled well along the way when shipping.

Kim said...

AH NUTS! I was hoping you would forget I read this and show what was in it!! I am soooooo excited to get my box! YIPPPEEE! I am still searching for the "perfect" addtion to your present! I hope I find it soon!!! I so wish you could see my face when I open it! I will have to text you a pic! I love you!! YAY for putting your tree up! I am not sure when ours will go up! Love you!