skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Because That's What They Do

So to say I have a few friends would be a lie. I have hundreds. Most recently, here in Nebraska, I have so many friends. I have my gym friends and my church friends and my friends from Jim's work. I recently posted as my Facebook status my inability to finish the quilt (made from my Mom's clothes) for Jo for graduation. (pictures coming soon) Instantly, three local friends (and a few from far away) offered to help me out. Really? For me? Yes. For me. I set up a time and a place and gathered the necessary equipment (except for my camera) and they showed up. Eleven.....yep.....eleven of us. There were a few more that wanted to come but had crazy schedules, eleven of us. Wow....We tied the quilt for Jo in under 30 minutes. Then, since we had time, we put one on for Kevin. Stacy has put a quilt on frames far more recently than I....so she was a HUGE help!! We tied both quilts in under and hour and a half. It was awesome. It was fun. It was a huge blessing. At the end they were thanking me....yep....they helped me out and it was them thanking me. I love my friends. I can honestly say that God has sent me the very best.
5 comments:
Those are the best kind of friends, those willing to give of their time and talents. You are so blessed!
I think it's awesome how they thanked you..they probably had so much fun getting together for some girl time :)
So very awesome that you have cool friends there to support you. I love that about you. And I can't even be jealous because we will always be Joyx3....and I've Senor Weiner!!!!
OH! What a blessing. How fun.
Moral of the story: Be a good friend and then you have more friends than you know what to do with!
I am so happy to hear this, Lori. Sometimes it is difficult to reach out to those friends when you are in need, but yet so rewarding when you do. That is my own personal lesson learned from your story. Thanks for sharing!
Seriously laughing over HH's comment!
Post a Comment