Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Party

 We had our first Grad Party (ever) at our house last week. Kevin didn't walk through the line at his graduation and didn't want a party either. Jo and Ally decided to combine their parties since we'd be inviting all the same people anyway.
 We decided on a menu of desserts and fruit with a yummy fruit dip. We had chocolate sheet cake and lemon brownies, lemon squares and mini fruit pizzas, mini cheese cakes and ginger snap cookies. All of which were so dang good!!
We had baskets set up for people to drop cards or gifts in so the girls wouldn't lose them. They also put out notebooks for their guests to write a favorite memory, fun time or something they will always remember.
 We set up tables in the garage for everyone to sit at. I do wish I had handed a camera to Jim to take photos of our friends visiting and eating. I did not....and I really regret it.
 Here are our two graduates....stunning!!
The girls and their Mamas. Not much family resemblance here!!
 Miss Stephanie from Minnesota came to support Jo and we loved having her here with us. We missed this punk!
 One of the things Jo got for a graduation gift is this quilt made from my Mom's clothes. My sisters and Aunts and some cousins and my sweet Grandma helped me with the top. My awesome friends here in Omaha helped me tie it and get it ready to give to my sweet Jo.
I am so very proud of this girl. She has come so far since we moved here two years ago. She is an amazing young woman and I can't wait to see where she goes in life. It is all up from here!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

the quilt (and the party) turned out awesome!! you are such an amazing mom and example! love to you and the best of luck to jo!

Nae said...

What a great celebration for a wonderful daughter! I couldn't be prouder if she was my own!!