(My little buddy Cooper...I luff him!)
So we gathered together for a birthday party out at Aunt Peggy's to cut and sew and tie. It was hard at first. But since we were together, we just ignored the feelings (getting pretty good at that) and started in.
(I did say we tried to avoid it)
We got all the kids (that we trusted with scissors) in on it too. There were a lot of jeans and shirts to cut.
And cut we did :) A few tears were shed, but mostly we giggled.Some of my sweet cousins showed up to help as well. They were so appreciated. I have a very talented family.
Brook got some squares to lay out. She and Great-Grandma make a pretty good team.
Cy wanted to help too. She didn't do to bad.
The tying was the fastest and easiest part of the whole day. We made Kevin help us with it since it was his quilt. Grandma came in a few times to supervise. I can't even count the number of quilts she has made in her life time.
This awesome kid didn't complain. She is so sweet. I love you, Lace.
Kev pretended to sleep so he could be done for the day. I am SO thankful for my family that was able to come and help us. Aunt Pam took most of them home with her and finished them for me. She is a rock star!!
This is the one we made for Jo. I would bet it was her favorite graduation gift. She uses it every night. I love the memories we made during that trip. While it was nice to be near my sisters on Valentine's Day...it really wasn't any easier. Oh well. We'll always have next year :)













2 comments:
I'll bet there were lots of great memories made that day along with some sweet rememberances of your mother too. You are so blessed to have such good people to call family.
Tears! Man does it get any easier? I love you! I am so glad we were together! I love you!
Post a Comment