Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So Close to Finished

Let's remember where we came from, shall we? This was Jo's room in August. Such a proud moment for me.
Now that you have all thrown up in your mouths....lets look at some after pictures. The purple paint was easier to cover than I thought it would be. Covering the gray with the yellow however was a nightmare!!
If you are my facebook friend you will know that I disassembled that queen size captains bed, carried it downstairs and set it up ALL BY MYSELF. Yes...rock star moment. That sucker is HEAVY. The drawers weren't too bad, but the headboard was another thing. I may or may not have been pinned against the wall by the headboard for a few minutes. But that is another story for another day. 
I am so excited to have this room mostly finished. Now I will just keep my eyes open for the finishing touches....and figure out how to get my Mom's cedar chest to my house. I found the bedding on sale at Kohl's. Happy dance ensued. I bought the curtains from a lovely gal on etsy. She is a genius.
I have a few things I would like to do to the room. A cute little chandelier would make me swoon here. I am also on the hunt for something to go over the dresser. 
Hobby Lobby will have some things for super cheap after the holidays. Just have to see if I can be patient until then.

I made a pillow cover from a tutorial I found on Pinterest. Now I just need to make a few more. I loved how easy it was. 
So, that is our new guest room. Wouldn't you LOVE to come visit me now?? 

7 comments:

Nae said...

I absolutely love the guest room! I need to come for another visit soon!!! You are a genius and decorating is just one of your many talents.

the mom~ said...

I absolutely love it, great job! The bedding is beautiful!

Heather said...

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!

Tessie said...

Wow. It looks amazing Lori! You have been one busy lady :)

Topper said...

Looking GREAT! Did you return the bird picture? Love the curtains and the yellow pillows.

Kathleen said...

can i come stay?? great job! there is a furniture gal who's company is called "celadon goods" (check them out throug my fb page) that may be just up your alley! again, looks great!

Connie said...

Yep, I am thinking a trip to your neck of the woods would be a great adventure, if for no other reason than to get to enjoy your guest room. ;-)