Yesterday I decided that my family had too much junk. So with that bee in my bonnet I proceeded to drag every box we own into the family room for inventory. Jo had 12 big boxes Kevin had 6 (but I had taken 6 to him already). I had 4 boxes and Jim still has 4 (I can't throw out his stuff). I was able to reduce Jo's pile to 8 totes and Kevin now has 4. In my pile were a couple treasures that I've had FOREVER that I will never have out again....but I couldn't part with. This is one. She was in my room my entire childhood. She is a part of my past that I treasure....but not a part I have room for now. So I am documenting her existence and helping her move on.
This is another blast from the past. It broke during the last move so helping this little treasure to move on was a little easier. I figured by keeping a photo of them, I could keep the memory of them but not have them taking up valuable shelf space.
Then there were boxes of papers. Papers from my childhood, papers from when my kids were in school, cards from every occasion. This was my birthday card from 2008. How do I know this? Because it is the first one actually signed by my Dad. Also, I boycotted my birthday that year. Didn't love it at all.
I know this (other than from the dreadful memory of it all) because I left my birthday money in it. Yep. $25 in a box in my basement for 5 years. I was angry. Every year, no matter where I was, I knew that my Mom was celebrating the day that I was born...even if it felt like no one else was. So yeah....Some of the boxes were fun to go through. I got to snuggle my babies blankets and tiny toys....but I had to dig through boxes of other memories too. Hard time of year for that.
Oh well. The boxes fit so much better on my shelves. I feel good about the over-all progress of de-junking....and the progress I have made being less angry. February is coming, my friends. I have a plan in place this year. This year WILL be different.
We've Moved!
1 year ago





2 comments:
So um...if you need someone to take the money off your hands...I could, um, send you my address...just trying to help ;c)
Ha ha! You go girl!!
OMG These items melted my heart! I had forgotten all about them! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Post a Comment