Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MY Baby Boy

Here is MY baby boy. I have been lucky enough to be his Mama for the last 23 years. His birth was normal. Nothing exceptional about it at all. Except that his birth changed my whole life. It was the most important thing that happened to me. He changed me. He made me a Mama. I was so young. Up until that point I had focused solely on myself. This baby gave me something outside myself to focus on. He gave me a purpose. He loved me. And I loved him. Completely. We grew up together, this boy and I. Me into the Mama of two beautiful children and Kevin grew into an amazing father with a son of his own.
On this birthday, Kevin is a daddy. A papa bear to his own tiny person. I am so excited for him to be a daddy. He has ALWAYS been good with kids. I am SO proud of the man he has become. A daddy. That is special. I told Kevin this morning that he will always remember this birthday. It is his first birthday as daddy. It is special. He is special. I love him. Completely.
Happy Birthday my sweet boy. Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Nae said...

Wishing your amazing son, a very happy birthday!

Heather said...

Awww......my heart is full for you and him. He is so very blessed to have you as his mama! You are so very blessed to have had that life changing experience right when you needed it most. Heavenly Father is pretty cool like that. ;) What an awesome day this is for all of you!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So precious and such a beautiful family picture. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

Man your dad is a cheese ball! Sheesh...what is he a Barton or something??? Bahaha! I sure do love your little Kevy Wevy! He brought such an amazing light to our family! Love you to!

Kathleen said...

beautiful memories--you share them so well :-).

Connie said...

You are certainly blessed to have not only a wonderful son but a perfect little grandson too. Life is good!