Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Whole Pile of Cute

I suppose I misspoke when I said my days are always the same. While it's true that we do some of the same things everyday; lunch, reading books, playing with cars, watching PBS Kids, watching videos of Michael on my phone...Our days are very different because he is different. Every day he changes. It is marvelous to watch. Some days he's adventurous. 
Some days he's content to sit on my lap.
We nap and eat and play. And every day is different in it's sameness. I like it that way.
His favorite person is probably Jo. They are so cute together. I love that they have had this time to connect. My sisters got that time with my kids and it made a lasting bond between them all.
Playing around and discovering new things is one of Michael's favorite things. He is fearless. I love seeing things through his eyes. Even the dryer looks exciting when seen for the first time.
Kevin and I have also been able to spend a bunch of time together. It has been nice to reconnect with him after him being on his own for the last 5 years (in case you need help with the math, he left for Texas in 2009) Man, saying that out loud felt really strange. 5 years on his own. I guess he really is a grown-up. 

So while the subject of my photos seems to imply that my days are mundane and the same, I guess they are as different as Michael is every morning. I am so thankful that I get to be part of his every day. I love that I get to notice the little changes in him every morning. I love it when he runs to me with his arms stretched in front of him wanting me to pick him up. He melts my heart and I love him.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well said sister!!!

Kim said...

Oh My goodness! I loved reading all of these posts I have missed! I am so thankful that you get to be with the little man! It's time that can never be taken from you, and that will forever change who you both become! You are so much like Mom was as a Grandma! I love watching you in this new role! I love you all very very much!