Friday, November 21, 2014

The Best

So we had a family photo shoot a while back. Those don't happen around here a whole lot. Some of our tribe don't like them. Last year we had some real issues.
So this year I made a general announcement that we would be having family pictures on such and such a date and at that time anyone who shows up with a good attitude will be welcome to participate.
And if you really don't want to be in the picture then that is totally fine. I will be having them taken  regardless. 
Everyone showed up. AND THEY SMILED. It wasn't a huge fight with pouting or tight lipped, "I am smiling" phrases tossed around. It was a beautiful (windless) Fall evening. It was perfection.

Until Michael decided he was done, and since he really is the boss, that was just fine.
We got some really great pictures and I didn't end up resenting the people in them after I hung them on the wall. Bonus.
But of course this little guy can do no wrong.
We got some artsy shots too. Loving the clouds.
Michael was great. As long as you didn't want him in a group shot.
He was way too interested in the water. Can't say I blame him. It was magical!!
So until next year we are finished being posers. hahaha Really though I am so beyond thankful for these people of mine. I love them dearly.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love these. And some year, I'd really love to shoot you all again! ;) I MISS YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

the mom~ said...

the last picture, that's a framer, in a big size!