Sunday, December 7, 2014

Random Musings

I was thinking today...musing really. I was letting my mind wander as I made Ginger Snaps (Jim's favorite cookies....ironic). I was thinking about seeing Michael today (and Kevin and Abby). I was thinking how thankful and blessed I feel to live so close to them. 
(He really likes taking pictures on my phone)
I was reflecting on my own childhood and how my Mom lived so close to her sisters. What a comfort that was for her. How FUN it was for us to grow up with so many cousins close by. And then when I was older I just assumed we'd all (my parents and siblings) live close to each other. 
(He loves to be read to)
But then life happened. And honestly, our family has been so blessed by our move to Minnesota and then Nebraska. But I miss living close to my sisters and for a while Kevin and Abby lived far away too. And Jo was gone for a year. But for a while we (my kids and I) are in the same town.
(Other than his parents, Jo is probably his favorite!)
I love that we can have movie and pizza Friday and family dinner Sunday. I love that I watch Michael 4 days a week. And if I miss him on Saturday I just have to run over and see him. I love that Jo and Kevin and Abby are right here too. I love them all so much.
(He is the funniest little guy. Look at that swag!)
The sweetest thing of it all is watching this little guy grow and change. I can see it from week to week. He learns and grows and changes so fast. I feel blessed to be a part of it.
(We like to go shopping together. He is easy to take places)
If you had asked me 7 and a half years ago if I thought moving half way across the country was a good idea, I'd have said NO! I couldn't imagine the good that would have come from it all. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father who has a plan for me. I know that by sticking to the plan we will be happier than if we go out on our own. I love the Christmas Season and the joy and kindness it brings. I love my family and my friends (they really are more like family too). My life right now feels pretty good. You know what that means...Yeah...probably going to be shook up. I hate when that happens. For now I'll just appreciate how perfect it all is.
(He loved running to answer the door on Halloween. So dang cute!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that little face of his! I am so thankful you got to come and spend some time with us! Thank you!! I love you!