Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Frozen

So...remember that time that I said I was going to write more...yeah. I do too. And I told you all about our trip to Belize? That was such a fun trip. But what I didn't tell you then was that we had been waiting for a job offer for 2 weeks already. If you know me at all you know that I have zero patience. It is a lesson God is constantly trying to help me learn.  Long story short (and about 15 "You'll have an offer next week"'s) we finally got the offer. But looking back I realize I put some things on hold while we were waiting. My writing being one of them. Michael and I have still had wonderful adventures. We have still enjoyed our Sunday dinners with all the kids. But mostly we have enjoyed the extra time. Which I think was the whole point. According to our Realtor, the housing market is skinny right now. Not enough houses in our price range for sale. The longest our floor plan has sat on the market is a month (and that was in November). The two that have been listed this calendar year have sold in a week or less. So now the weeks and months of  whining (and let's face it...I whine) seem silly. While I have loved living so close to all my kids (and that sweet baby grand) I could have just been more grateful for the extra time. But I get it now...so NO MORE WHINING! Ok...that being said...a few things needed done around the house. Like my craft room!! Mostly it is just a storage room for my supplies and the actual crafting takes place in the kitchen, but it looked like a mini hoarders episode just waiting to happen. I purged and boxed and removed 2 bookcases 2 rolling drawer thingies and the white desk. It looks bigger (the whole point of the purge) and much cleaner. 

As you can see, ready to sell. Now we are just waiting on paperwork to come from the relocation company to the Realtor so she can get us listed and then we will hang on to our hats for the next chapter.
I'm trying to be positive and have a good attitude. There are SO many things that are positive about this  move to the Layton area (most of the houses we like are in Syracuse). It is closer to my family. It is back in the mountains that Jim loves to hike and antler hunt in. My dad already has a hike planned for them!! I won't talk about the missing of the children. If I don't think about it now I might actually be able to do this. But in September K&A and that baby grand are moving to Rexburg. So much closer. I can almost handle that. Jo's plans are still undetermined, but her lease isn't up until January so she has a while to decide. Ultimately I know that this move will be better for us in the long run. But leaving the family I have here and the friends that I have come to love and rely on so much is painful. So there it is. I think I can start writing again. I can start moving forward again. The path is clear. 

5 comments:

Nae said...

You are remarkable and so very wise! I love your share and all the processing and learning you have done. I know there will be stress, especially during this transition time, but you have your faith, your family and your friends to lift you up as you navigate. I am so very grateful for your friendship

Anonymous said...

You are so strong and amazing! You are such a great writer, I really wish you would go ahead and write a book! I love you and can't wait to see you more often!

Nancy Moyle said...

Wow! Crazy how being patient and being willing to just trust that it all works out for our good is a lesson we all keep getting taught over and over. I loved reading this and I live not far from Syracuse and would love to get together when you get settled!!
Hugs!

Nancy Moyle said...

Wow. Crazy how patience and learning to have trust that things work out for our best good is something we all have to learn over and over. (At least I do.) I'm excited for you and it was so fun to read about your life. I live not too far from Syracuse so when you are settled, give me a shout!!
Hugs!

Connie said...

You really kicked butt on that craft room.

I just know everything will turn out well for you and your family. You will find the perfect house in the perfect neighborhood and make friends quickly. Just think of all the great access you will have to ALL THINGS CUTE IN UTAH! I am somewhat jealous.