Friday, June 19, 2015

The First From Utah

This is my first post in a while. Moving is hard. It just is. I have learned a few things along the last 23 years that makes it a little easier for me, but let's face it....change is hard. I'm not really ready to discuss how much I miss this boy. Our everydays together were magical and I tear up just thinking about him. So not many people here know about him.
They haven't heard about my amazing children either. I don't like to cry in front of strangers so they don't know much about my kids.
I haven't told them about Abby or Theresa yet either. How do you tell strangers about people so dear to you that just thinking about them makes happy tears come streaming down. My first day at church I sat next to a gal (on the back row) and I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy. She had her baby (about a year old) on her lap and was feeding her a bottle. This darling little thing grabbed onto my hand without a word and grasped it the entire time. It reminded me of when Michael would hold my hand and I just sat there with huge, hot tears splashing down my face. I'm am great at first impressions. Ugh. 
Well, enough whining about the hard parts. I really am trying to hold it together and most days I seem quite normal. I'll let you in on a secret....I'm all unpacked. The only boxes left have Jim's stuff in them and he gets to deal with it. 
This is the front room of my house, the formal living room if you will...and Nellie. She has been a trooper.
This is what it looked like for the first week we lived here. The boxes were driving me mad!!
So I got rid of them. I think this will be one of my favorite spots. It is sunny and peaceful. The pictures of the people I love are in this room. 
It is probably the most finished room in the house. That is why it is my favorite right now. I can feel calm in here. 
These pillows make me happy. They remind me to make the most of each day. And most importantly to be happy and trust God.
 Trust that He has a plan for me in all of this and trust His timing. It's hard to remember some days. It's hard to not be angry. But I am sorting through it and finding ways to cope. Pillows are good that way!!
 So there is your first glimpse of my life in Utah. I'm sure I will show you some more thrilling pillows and crazy dogs. But for now, know that I am sitting on my couch waiting for my family to call. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

OH. I love you. So much. If I had a jet plane I'd be in it RIGHT NOW. Flying to see YOU! I'd even make a pit stop in Papillion on my way! YOU really are a freakin rock star! I love you more than you could even possibly know!

Connie said...

Good for you for getting things unpacked and getting settled in. In no time a day turns into a month and a month into a year and you will look back with admiration on how well you pulled this move off. Change is hard, especially if your loved ones aren't close by.

Love your little peaceful room, it looks so personalized and homey. LOVE the pillows, especially that owl one.


What a special welcome you had at church, babies are so amazing and know just how to touch our hearts.

Kim said...

I love you to the moon and back! Soon your babies will be closer and you can show them off! I'll see you in 4 sleeps!