Yesterday was my baby's birthday. I didn't do a birthday post. I started looking through pictures and it was too much. I bawled my eyes out. It was too much. So I called him and texted him and did an instagram post and sang to him on a snapchat. But going through pictures hurts my heart. So know that I love him and think he is the most amazing man ever. He is more than I ever hoped for.
So onto the real reason for this post. The other guest room. They all started the same...boring.
So I moved in the bed. Good first start. This was Jo's bed years ago. We moved it with us thinking we'd probably end up giving it to Good Will in a couple of weeks but I think it will stay. I used the same bedding as in the guest room in Nebraska.
And I hung the same pictures/frames on the wall. I love this wall. It makes me happy. I love the owls and the colors...and I really love the picture of Kevin and Jo hugging at Kevin's wedding. It squeezes my heart. I put my grandma's cedar chest in here too. She received it as a gift for her high school graduation. When she married my grandpa they used it in their house for storage but when their kids came along they used it to hide the Christmas gifts. My Mom loved this chest for that reason. She kept it in her room when it came to live in her house. I loved it. I would sit on it and look out my mom's window. We would talk about the things she kept in there. She would tell me stories of the people they belonged to, her grandparents, her parents...So when the chest came to live at my house I was thrilled.
See the purple tote? My first dress-up box for my grandkids! I have put all kinds of things in there. I am so excited for tons of grandbabies to come and find the treasures there.
All of the bedrooms in this house have walk-in closets. I am so glad because without a basement we have been lacking storage options. These closets are filled with all our "stuff". Why do we need so much stuff? Ugh.
So there is another glimpse into my house. I get to fill my house with sisters and nieces and nephews this weekend. I am excited to share it with them.
We've Moved!
1 year ago

3 comments:
This post squeezes my heart! I love that photo of Kevin and Jo too! I can't wait to come stay in one of these guest rooms!
Love how quickly you make it your home! I have yet to decorate my house!!!
Everything is coming together nicely at your house. I love the picture of the birds above the bed, so adorable.
Post a Comment