Monday, June 22, 2015

The Sentimental Room

This is how all of the rooms looked when we started. Beige and blah. 
But then this happens....The stuff gets unpacked. Things get hung on the wall. More de-junking takes place. 
Old things get found and reused. Some things get donated.  
 And things get prepped for visitors. Not that I am expecting a ton of guests. But a girl likes to be prepared. Did I mention I have THREE guest beds? Not to mention a ton of floor space for those under the age of 22!! Just sayin'...
 For obvious reasons, this is Jim's favorite guest room. He feels at home in here. Our room is woodsy too...but I put more of my stuff in there to balance it out. I have to live in there too you know.
 The things in here have great sentimental value. The yoke was my great-grandfather's.  My Mom made a giant macrame plant holder/room divider thing that hung off it. It was a thing to behold. I saved the yoke....not the rest of it. Kevin's first deer is represented here. My sister's mad art skills are too. Lots of photo albums and scrapbooks representing a million hours of my time are on the bookcase.  
So many old memories...just waiting to make some new ones. I'm sure we will have lovely memories made in this house. It is a good house. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so dang excited to see all of your rooms! YAY!