skip to main |
skip to sidebar
One Little Word 2015
January. Again. Where does the time go? Resolutions seem to be on everyone's minds. I never make them (any more). I could never last past March. Years ago I started choosing One Little Word (OLW) to work on cultivating throughout the new year. I blogged about 2011 (LINK) and 2012 (LINK). I have had varied success with each year. The word I chose this year is TRY. Yep. That's it. Really I don't think I chose this word. Seems to be a trend among my friends this year. I'm pretty sure it chose me. I have been hearing this word in my head for a while. Half a year actually. Back in June I blogged about the pioneer trek we went on (LINK). There were 2 songs that I wrote about one is a Primary song about the prophet Jonah. "Jonah was a prophet, tried to run away. But he later learned to listen and obey. If we really try, the Lord won't let us fail. That's what Jonah learned deep down inside the whale." There is that word...try. I'll let you in on a debate we had with my dad had a few years ago. According to Dad, you can't try to do something. "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda. Dad took this to heart and was beating us over the head with it. I think they are both wrong (Dad and Yoda). I believe that you try to do something until you give up. You can try to run a race. If you finish, you have succeeded. You you don't, you've given up. But the process is where try comes in. I have tried to lose weight for years. But I have always given up. It's hard. It's not easy to love yourself enough to keep trying. To not give up. But in the process I have learned so much. I have learned a ton about exercise and nutrition. I have learned how much better I feel when I am at least trying to make it to the gym. I learned how important it is to fuel my body with fresh fruits and veggies and lean proteins and whole grains. I have learned that it is hard to stick to goals that haven't been planned out AND WRITTEN DOWN. I have learned it is easier to go to the gym with my friends. So. TRY is my OLW for 2015. I will try to make healthier choices and I will try to let go of anger. I will try to be more organized and I will try to live with more intent. I will try to enjoy my family time more and try to mute my inner critic more often (seriously, you should hear the mouth on her! Shocking!) I hope this time next year I can tell you I have succeeded or that I am still trying. Giving up on myself isn't an option. This time I will TRY.
1 comment:
BAHAHAHA, ok so when I read what your OLW was....ALL I COULD HEAR WAS DAD! That was a crazy convo! I love your OLW! Sometimes all we can do is give it our best and try! I love you! You can do anything you put your heart and mind to!!! Love you bunches!
Post a Comment