Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Belize Day 1

Jim and I (with the fabulous Walker's) went to Belize last week. You may (or not) remember the Walker's from our cruise in 2012. We had such a good time. We chose Belize for the snorkeling and Mayan ruins. I'll apologize in advance for the pictures. They are completely put of order. Some are from my phone and others from my camera (until it died....more on that later). We stayed at the Coco Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye just off the mainland of Belize. It was stunning. 
This is from the pier outside the resort. It was such a quiet, beautiful spot. I can't say enough good things about this place.
It was so quiet. Even though they were at 85% capacity (we asked) it felt secluded. We rarely had to share the pool. The beach was all but empty most of the time too.
This is Coco Beach Resort. Beautiful beach, gracious staff, great food, near the second largest barrier reef in the world, tons of things to do and did I mention the warm weather??
This is the view from the from door of our room. This view never gets old.
This is the pool we spent the most time in. Our room is in the building on the left of the picture on the top floor last room on the right. It was perfect.
We had Pina Coladas (virgin, of course) every day. Such a treat!!
This photo should be first. It was all of us on the first plane (of 6) of the trip. We are such a wild and crazy crew!! What a time we had!!
Blue sky, blue water, white puffy clouds....relaxing already!!
The first thing we see coming into The Belize City, Belize airport...A CHRISTMAS TREE!! Perfection!!
Then onto this little island hopper. Must say....I was not a huge fan. But if that is how we get to the island...then so be it!! There was a 2 hour boat ride for an alternative. No thank you!! I'll take the 20 minute plane ride and hope for the best!!
Ilise rode shotgun!! She is a stunning co-pilot. Buckle your seat belts!!
Oh boy!! The ride was like a very unpredictable roller coaster. Luckily it was a short ride.
It's a tropical paradise. Lush greenery met us at every view. I couldn't get enough of the warm beautiful scenery!!
Of course the boys enjoyed the flight. I don't think they could have been less concerned.
Waiting for the water taxi to take us the 10 minute boat ride to the resort. We were so excited to finally be here. We have been planning this for a very long time!! (Yes, those are my fancy "going to town" sweats. They were comfy traveling pants!)
Ilise and I got massages on the beach (no pics of that!!) shortly after we arrived. We felt so relaxed after that there wasn't much we wanted to do. When we left NE it was -22* with the wind chill. The schools were closed for the day. When we got to Ambergris Caye it was 78*. We wanted to stay outside and enjoy every minute of the beautiful weather.We ate at the restaurant at the resort that night and turned in early (like 9:00). That's early for the Walker's but late for us!! We had all been up ridiculously early for our 5:45 a.m. flight so we were all beat.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh gracious! That looks like a fabulous place to visit. You are one lucky girl!

Kim said...

Wow! Such a beautiful place! Ahhhh I could use a sister trip there right about now!

the mom~ said...

FUN! Warm weather and massages on the beach, WOOHOO!