Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Friends, My Angels



I've blessed throughout my life with the best of friends. My Mom and Sisters have been there for me since the beginning. No matter how terrible I am to them, they always forgive me and love me despite my flaws. There was that redhead in the 6th grade who let me be her locker partner. And the other pretty red head (i guess I've always been drawn to red heads) who went to the fair with me. She didn't shun me when a classmate of ours puked down my back after a particularly hairy ride. Then I grew up and wasn't sure I'd ever have girlfriends again. I finally met a girl that was so fun to hang out with. She asked if I wanted to be in PTA with her. I sure did, and I never regretted it.When we moved to a new town I was so sad to have to start over. After we'd been there for a while there was a girl sitting by herself in church (she had just moved in). I asked her to sit by me and she couldn't shake me after that. I was so lucky to find her. She was only in my neighborhood for a couple of years but she will be in my life forever. And then as the 6 year cycle goes, we moved again. This time 1000 miles away from everyone I knew and loved. I am kind of shy at first and it is torture for me to make friends. But my Heavenly Father has a plan for me. He put me in the very spot to find more girlfriends. There is one imparticular who has made my transition SO much easier. An angel in disguise is what she is. I love all my friends here and can't imagine my life here without them. I wish I had pics of all of my friends to put on this page. But I guess you only get to see my wonderful sisters and our angel of a Mom.

8 comments:

Heather said...

HURRAY FOR GIRLFRIENDS!!!! A true neccesity in my book. Thanks for listening to me ramble today. Come see me soon. hh

cd said...

This red head from sixth grade still loves you! Who would have thought we'd become related. You are always a BFF! You won't love me when I start blogging about colorguard and posting pictures!

Love ya girl!

Rochelleht said...

Saw you had a link on Christine's blog. Thanks for your cute comment on mine. How fun to find your blog!! Sorry to hear about your mom.

Have a really crappy memory. My resemblance to Christine ends at the hair color, but I am sort of remembering a trip to the fair with you that included vomit. Was Jenny with us? Then maybe I was the other redhead... ;-)

Lori said...

Heather, I would listen to you till my ear fell off. Gotta love the rain!! Chirstine...I would love to see your pics of colorguard! I wish I had some. Rochelle, it was Jenny who threw up on me. I was traumatized. Thanks, you guys, for being my friends.

cd said...

Lori, at Lagoon a stranger threw up on me.....that was so gross, I'm still not over it 30 years later. Rochelle, what the heck? Don't you want to resemble me? I mean, I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper, ya know?

Rochelleht said...

I meant that you can remember everything and I can not.

Charlene said...

This is going to be a lot of fun!!! It is wonderful to have friends that you can relate, remember, and enjoy with. One of the reasons I started blogging!!

the mom~ said...

Phew, I hope I"m on that list, lol.
I'm glad you're here too. And I KNOW Heather is glad as well. Thanks for being YOU!