Well, as you all know, winter was very long this year. I honestly didn't think I was going to live through it. When March hit I was feeling a bit crazy. I needed a change and I needed some sunshine. As it usually happens (at least for me) this time of year, I decided a change of color was in order. I started in my kitchen. I put a little of the red that I had in my last house up above my cupboards. I loved it. I didn't take any before shots but the after is great. My friend Heather had to help with a few rooster adjustments and then I was ready to tackle the dinning room. My entire house is painted a very blah beige.

I wanted something warm and "country" but not pastel. I tried blue and green (I know not very warm). I even painted a 2 foot square on my beige wall to try out the new color. Nothing worked. Then I was thumbing through a magazine and found a color I loved.

Yellow. No way, I actually don't usually like yellow. But this was fabulous. Now to find the same shade in a paint chip was my new obsession. I took it to our local Home Depot but the page was too shiny to use with their color match machine. Bummer. I was determined to find the right shade. I was not going to let winter kick my @#*, no way. After much searching and some good advice from my personal decorator (thanks again Heather) the shade was selected.

I hate the prep work of painting, but I love the finished product. The color makes me smile every time I walk into the room. I love the way the sunlight filters through the ugly mini-blinds and warms the whole space. The decorations are still a work in progress, but the color rocks. Now I am trying to find the perfect color to cover the blah beige in the rest of the house. I'll let you know how it goes.
6 comments:
Looks beautiful girl, great job! I am thinking about painting my front room yellow. Can you come help?
Sure Christine...in January!!! hehehe!! I am looking for a new light fixture now and thinking of painting my table. hhhmmmm
Cute! I love yellow. I've had a yellow dining room in my last two houses. It makes me happy.
I want to paint my table too...I can't stand the wood anymore, but I am worried that I might ruin it and then what! Do you ever look at HGTV, Rate My Space? I'm totally addicted to that site, it's a great resource for real do it yourself home makeovers. It's awesome.
I love the way it turned out!!! And I'm always happy to help.
I LOVE it!
Post a Comment